Discuss syphonic double trap toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to understand this thing!
Question: If I replaced the tank with a large funnel and poured two galls in fast, would it flush the pan ok and if not why not!!??

I have read and mostly understood the thread so far, but I wonder if anyone can assist me in a similar problem. I have a syphonic double trap, which has an asprator fitted. I decided to fit a fluidmaster flapper type valve. This is not compatable with the old airex aspirator, and thus the bowl fills.
I am trying to do away with seperate overflow pipe, and as the flapper overflows to the pan this would seem the ideal way.
Could anyone recommend any other that works with syphonic, and has no overflow, except to the pan.
Thanks in advance

You can get some Syphons that overflow into the pan - I assume they'd work with a syphonic toilet but couldnt swear to it.

It might be easier to change the whole toilet - can pick them up for about £60.

Thanks, I was hoping to keep old pan , as it is fine, and very quiet flush.
Have looked at toolstation, they have a number of syphons, but unsure which are compatable with syphonic, and over flow into pan. Any educated guesses please?

Thanks

Thanks Gordon, have understood that, all I need now is to find an aspirator to suit flap valve, or something that has integral overflow, works with double trap cistern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic double trap toilet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a problem with a downstairs toilet not clearing solid waste. It's an old type Royal Doulton low level type with a bottom exit into the...
Replies
Views
S
HI, I am new here so I hope this is the right place to post. I am an experienced DIYer having done most jobs in my own house over the past 35...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys. Just fitted a bathroom (refit old one unfortunately) and I'm having a copuple of problems. The bath is very close to floor with steel...
Replies
Views
smudger
S
J
I have a downstairs toilet which has a 90 degree pan connector with boss, and until a few months ago also had the washing machine outlet connected...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
B
Hi Just wondered if somebody could give me some advice. I've got to move a toilet from it's current position and I can't move the soil pipe on...
Replies
Views
lewisplumber
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock