Discuss Don't sent your granny to Plumb Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianL

My granny phoned me to say her boiler wasnt working, I had a look, it turned out to be her thermocouple, so because she never had any heat and I had no spares I asked her to pop into Plumb Center the next morning and I would replace it when i got home from work.

The guy at the shop wouldnt sell her it saying she could be a bogus Gas fitter, 76 years old with a purple rince, she tried to explian to the guy that i couldnt get to the shop untill the weekend so he said you will have to wait then to get it.

Hmmmmmmmm let me think old lady, winter no heat. Come on Mr Plumb Center use a spot off common :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
they won't sell to you either if you can't prove your corgi reg.
which is the best thing they ever done to stop all the diy gas cowboys.

now who needs a spot of common.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL you I think, for not asking if I was Corgi registered. Iam a corgi registered gas installer only for 18 years though. :p

then you should know plumbcentre won't sell to anyone.
best idea for yrs.

The point I was making was an old lady no heat, winter and a little common, you wouldnt get the police searching an old lady in the London underground for bombs

How did the guy at the counter Know that she wasn't going to get her next door neighbour to fit it for her? Well done plumb center for not selling safety critical gas spares to a non registered person.

Mike

she could of been buying it for a builder, or her husband to fit they've covered their bum so then no come backs.

Funny thing was she went to a differnet part of town and got it from another HRPC, and the guy was quite happy to do it, no questions asked.

You've got to remember its not illegal to buy gas spares.

Iam self emplyed and sometimes have to work away from town, if my wife or apprentice are near whats wrong with them picking up my spares like shes done for years.

Its just another half hearted attempt to stop unqualified installers doing there thing.

I can pop into B&Q and pick up a boiler or just order stuff over the internet.

I think you guys have all missed my point really.

>You've got to remember its not illegal to buy gas spares.

its going that way even screwfix are starting to get their head screwed on

its not illegal to buy alot of things but if you get found to be using them it is.

sheds are one of the worst offenders for selling gas parts, electrical parts etc.

it all comes down to the right to sell act.

I have edited a couple posts here lads......lets keep this constructive and not insulting...to others..

please remember this forum is viewed by the public as well....

thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Don't sent your granny to Plumb Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Decided to put this up on here because i think it worth letting people know about how thing can go when you get someone to come round and fit you...
Replies
Views
P
My own personal opinion only First I would say I think gas safe are doing a good job at the moment and the service is a lot better than the...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
just went to quote a new combi boiler currently the old combi has had it and needs replacing, took a look at what needed doing, gas is wrong size...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
J
Ok so I put no call out charge in my website and on adds as I would probably get no work otherwise. Just wondered what you guys are doing in...
Replies
Views
emergencyman
E

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock