Discuss Tradesmen quoter.co.uk - Any Good with Google Plerase Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have everything in writing from them that they are looking for one company in each area and will make sure I get the traffic so I renew.

Its seems better than the bidding sites as I can quote my own prices and im not competing with others in my area

Guys thanks for your help I am going to give this a punt and let you know how I get one... fingers crossed!

Good luck.I hope it works for you.A lot of us on the forums have been targeted by a variety of firms and I dont recall any positive results.If as you say it is £199+vat for the year ,you only need a couple of leads to be successful and it will have paid for itself.Fingers crossed.I will be rushing for the Bradford territory!!!

Any company that Cold calls like that offering thier services is not to be trusted...

They will tell you what you want to hear.. promising work etc for such amount of pounds...

My advice... Steer clear and give a wide berth..

To stop these cold callers which is illegal for them to do then get your numbers registered witht he TPS...

TPS Registration

By doing this then these cold callers can be fined around 5000 pounds..

great, but who gets the 5k dave! can i have my share for the still hastling phone calls?

yeh, likewise shaun, over the last week or two i have had at least 2 a day including 'the firebrigade' marketing scam today.
what do we do to sue them, because tps aint that guarenteed is it?.

I am feeling left out here,never get many cold calls,maybe one every few months,had one a few weeks ago,said working with gas safe,presume got my number from site as do not advertise anywere
Years ago when I did found the best way was to get together with other trades and services and make a card of information/local events booklet,
now of course you can get ad agencies doing them and you pay to enter but easy to do yourself and better result
Seems now ad agencies want the money without doing the work,its the same old dripple,nothing new
You sure this front page thing does not include a charge per hit? £199 is not going to pay for one executive lunch

we had a call about this exclusive google thing its a load of tosh and none of these cold callers are worthwhile. ask yourself why would they only pick you ive fallen for a couple and learnt the hard way.

what is the firebrigade scam please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, you guys ever heard of ad words if you want to be on the front page of google!

If you want your website listed you ned to register for free links:

-google maps (I get tons of work from this one!)

-free listing sites - yell, thomson, freeindex, and any that give you a link for your webiste

you need links to your website to get your page ranking up enough to get your website on the 1st page of google mind - i could write a book on this subject tho (worked on web design before plumbing see!!)

For the benefit of the 'inexperienced' web or search engine or pay per click or adwords users, it is important to be specific about a few things. 'Top' of which part of the Google page? the left side is the free side which will generate much more interest and business for anyone (quite a few reasons for this) as opposed to the right side which are paid for (pay per click) listings. If you are being promised top listings, ask the question - which side! Also note - Google no longer ranks pages on links alone: that was modified some time ago, to stop so called link-farms profiting and businesses being able to buy spurious but meaningless leads. There are methods to raise your rankings without spending a fortune and there are methods (some will depend on what you are trying sell or plug and where) which will of necessity cost you money - considerable or modest sums. Finally, do not automatically be anti cold calling. It is a legitimate way of generating business. Of course there is good and bad and professional and amateur and there will always be rip-off merchants, but if a business does not 'sell' its services or wares it will die. If you give out a leaflet or a business card to anyone uninvited, that is a cold call - it might just earn you some money.

yeh, likewise shaun, over the last week or two i have had at least 2 a day including 'the firebrigade' marketing scam today.
what do we do to sue them, because tps aint that guarenteed is it?.

You have to report the calls... if a comp has your details then they have got them from other databases or they have been trawling the net..

Fill in a complaint form with the TPS and they will sort it..and if you tell the cold you are registered with the TPS they will remove your name and hang up..

If you cannot be bothered to report these cold callers then you will still get the calls.. the TPS is here to help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tradesmen quoter.co.uk - Any Good with Google Plerase Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Just checked the trusted tradesmen site and the plumbing and heating sections are now working,placing a listing is free and adds another string to...
Replies
Views
Andrewlo
A
G
We've been launched a week tomorrow and so far only had one call but he wasn't happy with my 35 pound call out charge. I had interest by people...
Replies
Views
L
Fellow people, I urge you, please don't ever call Plumb Force Direct as they are cowboys! The company is advertised as a sponsored link on...
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
G
I am so fed up with all these sales calls i keep getting. Trying to flog me a website when i already have one. Selling advertising space in...
Replies
Views
Scottley
S
C
Hello all, I am considering joining Trust a Trader as a plumber and the price is £495 per year, even more than Yellow Pages. Now the guy I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock