Discuss Tradesmen quoter.co.uk - Any Good with Google Plerase Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumb24

Got a call from Tradesmen quoter.co.uk today they said they can generate business through Google for Plumbers and told me they can get me on the front page Google for plumber keywords where I am based for £199 + VAT for 12 months.

I am always sceptical with these companies who call out of the blue.

The salesman was very persistent and showed me a few examples of their work.

Plumber Tingley
Drainage Chorley
Emergency Plumber Nottingham
Plumber South Elmsall

The keywords when I typed them up in google did bring up the tradesmen quoter website and when I clicked it it took me to a plumber that is registred with them.

Is it worth me doing business with them as I am not sure how effective Google is in generating plumbing jobs?

I would defnitely wait and see rather than jumping in now. It's still in its infancy at the moment and there are likely to be lots of similar schemes appearing.

They will probably get you on the front page of Google - along with lots of other plumbers you will have to undercut in a bidding war to get the work. Far better spending your money elsewhere for advertising.

Last edited:
If you have your own website I'm reasonably sure that a website company could improve your ratings for that price by using search engine optimisation (SEO).

I get the odd company phoning me saying they can improve my rating and I just ask them how they can improve on No.1 position! When I designed my website I used some of the SEO tricks (try googling for SEO) and it's quite easy when you know what you're doing.

Interestingly, or perhaps not(!) in my previous "job" my website did not appear on Google but was No.1 on Yahoo (out of about 250 million) and No.1 on MSN (out of 200 million) and I still hardly got any customers which shows me that the internet is not the best advertising place there is.

With my plumbing though, I pay £6.00 a month for a website (no other advertising) and usually pick up one or two customers which suits me fine.

I had the same call recently, i think i posted a thread on here !, the answer to your question is no as i researched further and found out that they are rip off merchants who have been ripping off taxi drivers and tilers in the manchester area . Would steer well clear !

There is no quick and easy way to gain more business.
In my opinion you will slowly and gradually build up a diary of clients who are happy with the standard of work you produce and like you as a person.
Local people look for someone like themselves and you would be better off investing your cash in a sales course and learning techniques used by professional sales people.
For myself, I spend very little on advertising but I am able to convert a high percentage of enquiries into actual work. Sometimes you will get very quiet, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I have tried getting my site up there but it never reaches the front page. I guess you need to be on the front page to get real business. I never go past the first page when I am looking for something.

I spoke to a few of their clients on the website and they seem to be happy with what they are getting for their money.

Just spoke to a Google ranking company bigmouthmedia and they said they will charge me £199 per month to get my site on the front page.

I think ill give the guys at tradesmen quoter.co.uk a shot at £199 for 12 months they do seem quite genuine with all their results.

Hi,When they rang to speak to my son I took the call.I asked them how all their thousands of clients are going to be on the front page and assuming you could get 10,000 people on page 1 it would not be much use being number 10,000!! It went quiet for a while and then he returned to his script and carried on.They also stressed its competitive pricing .I asked how much and was told £199.When I asked if this was for the year,I was told PER MONTH.Scammers.Generally speaking anyone who offers to build your business are dodgy.There was one called Customer Street which had a whole web site devoted to it full of complaints.BT has bought it and is pushing it ,they are still SCAMMERS.It is disgrace for BT to involve itself in such a thing.Watch for the complaints to start piling up.Lots of threads on here and tilers forum about building your business.In the end a lot of growth will come from your work but things are very competitive.Save your money!!

Last edited:
They did tell me its £199+ VAT for 1 year. and have promised me exclusivity for my town. I do have an email from them confirming this so they cant go back on this.

A1P knows the score and says it how it is.
If I were a national co. then yes, I would use internet, t.v. etc but if you think from a customers point of view, they will always look to local media, recommendations etc as a way of finding you. Think about your target market.:)

Hi,£199 + vat for a year,not a massive amount,definitely not what these companies usually quote.However think about it,I have had 9-10 such companies contact me on our home phone,my son now has a mass of companies barred on his mobile.For other advertising,Yell.com is murder once you have used their free listing.Think about the exclusive territory offer.We are in Bradford.Our local magazine for Wibsey,a small area,has 20 plumbers advertising.Multiply this by at least 50 to get at least 1000 plumbers in the Bradford area.Why would you offer an exclusive territory in Wibsey,let alone Bradford and limit your earnings to £199.Not a great business model or am I missing something?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tradesmen quoter.co.uk - Any Good with Google Plerase Help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Just checked the trusted tradesmen site and the plumbing and heating sections are now working,placing a listing is free and adds another string to...
Replies
Views
Andrewlo
A
G
We've been launched a week tomorrow and so far only had one call but he wasn't happy with my 35 pound call out charge. I had interest by people...
Replies
Views
L
Fellow people, I urge you, please don't ever call Plumb Force Direct as they are cowboys! The company is advertised as a sponsored link on...
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
G
I am so fed up with all these sales calls i keep getting. Trying to flog me a website when i already have one. Selling advertising space in...
Replies
Views
Scottley
S
C
Hello all, I am considering joining Trust a Trader as a plumber and the price is £495 per year, even more than Yellow Pages. Now the guy I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock