Discuss soundness testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teddyruxspin

Hey everyone , got a question
Im replacing some taps in a downstairs cloakroom
Do i need to complete a soundness test on all hot and cold water systems in the dwelling or just the taps and their pipework ?
Also , if the soundness test is for all the systems do i need to drain down both the cwsc and the hot water storage vessel before i open up the stop tap to stage fill the pipework ?

Is this part of a new installation or an existing system?

If all you have changed are the taps I wouldn't be doing a pressure test as its unnnecessary and you could end up opening a can of worms.

personally id do a preasuer test on the whole install water gas and drainage id also check the electrics for earth continuity reverse polarity and while your there id also check the gigling pin hasnt fallen out of the laughing stock

Its on an existing system - but i wont be doing it for real!
This is a particular problem on a simulated scenario im working on for my level 2 plumbing course.
Ive replaced some leaking taps and now im required to perform a soundness test. . .

you need to change colleges,soundness usaully relates to testing for gas leaks,sure tutor not on a windup

This is a particular problem on a simulated scenario im working on for my level 2 plumbing course.
Ive replaced some leaking taps and now im required to perform a soundness test. . .
i realy worry about whats being taught to the next generation of plumbers
sureley you should be doing a preliminary preasure test before starting work but first of all remember to do a risk assesment and method statement
set of taps love thatll be 500 quid

train 4 trade destruction skills scenario 2,
if i am not mistaken?.;)

in the real world, in out one hour ÂŁ50 luv.
t4t = 3hours ÂŁ200 pal. training for homeserve b/g employees only imho..

put the pressure gauge under the sink in kitchen after turning of mains to test for pressure drop, reinstate water supply.

the onlything i have to do with t4t is i have that disc.lol:eek:

Hey everyone , got a question
Im replacing some taps in a downstairs cloakroom
Do i need to complete a soundness test on all hot and cold water systems in the dwelling or just the taps and their pipework ?
Also , if the soundness test is for all the systems do i need to drain down both the cwsc and the hot water storage vessel before i open up the stop tap to stage fill the pipework ?

sorry, don't under stand,change taps,turn water on use those things in your head called eyes ,look for leaks,god the crap they tell you in college these days

you need to change colleges,soundness usaully relates to testing for gas leaks,sure tutor not on a windup

maybe he is replacing gas taps next to a basin :rolleyes:

I think I am going to get into this risk assessment ,going to write it on bottom of invoices,so customers appreciate the dangers I go to,must be worth an exta ÂŁ25 on invoice total :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soundness testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
L
I've recently done a mock test for a plumbing exam and wasnt happy with some of the answers given by the tutors, can any of you more knowledgeable...
Replies
Views
Imagine what life would be like without a modern plumbing system. How would you cope without running water or flushing toilets? Water is the most...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Hi I posted here a few weeks ago - and thanks for all comments. However, problem still exists & I've had two 'different quotes' in relation to...
Replies
Views
bridcat
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock