Search the forum,

Discuss mission impossible in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteh20

been to an installation which had older hep2o without the barrier on the ch side. Hep fittings direct off the rayburn into a boxing and cupboard which cannot be accessed then upto a false ceiling. The pipework can then be found in the cylinder going into a hep manifold feeding the 8 rads 4 of which are totaly blocked up as the inhibitor is jellified in the cold feed to the system and header tank. The whole job was done by a DIYer before he sold the property about 4 years ago, just a time bomb. Customer is distraught with the thought of repiping the system so new boiler in new location. Thanks DIYers everywhere

Look on the bright side as it seems you have got another job;)

If it the same spec as john guest you can,t use plastic on a uncotrolled heat source like a range or coal boiler can burst with heat

been to an installation which had older hep2o without the barrier on the ch side. Hep fittings direct off the rayburn into a boxing and cupboard which cannot be accessed then upto a false ceiling. The pipework can then be found in the cylinder going into a hep manifold feeding the 8 rads 4 of which are totaly blocked up as the inhibitor is jellified in the cold feed to the system and header tank. The whole job was done by a DIYer before he sold the property about 4 years ago, just a time bomb. Customer is distraught with the thought of repiping the system so new boiler in new location. Thanks DIYers everywhere
Inhibiter mixed with the cleaner = jelly.

oh yes all the classic DONT'S so putting rayburn onto cooker only and new combi and pipeworl through out lol just feel sorry for the customer as the finish of the house is too a very high standard. The rayburn has a seperate boiler for ch but never like push-fit coming straight off the boiler, bit old fashioned and like to see 3m of copper first

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mission impossible in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Ok so was at a job yesterday, customer said boiling water had been discharging from his header tank for the past 4 months. I took a look, got everything up and running, stayed for a good half hour everything seemed to be working perfectly and just as I was about to leave boom the pump started to...
Replies
Views
JJone
J
Need some help with this one. Have an old 3 pipe system in a pub Which fills the header tank via its cold fill and subsiquently overflows. The cylinder is 2 years old as it was replaced due to to splitting its also had the cf and ov moved to correct location behind pump. It's also had a pump and...
Replies
Views
M
I've a job coming up to re-install a 30 year old oil fired rayburn royal back into its original location in a farmhouse, it was moved to a neighbouring cottage years ago, now needs re installing. i'm fully oftec qualified, have a lot of experience in breakdown, service and pressurejet installs...
Replies
Views
markproperjob
M
V
hi folks i'm new to the forum, i'm not a plumber but joining pipes/tubes together does come into my area of specialization being a welder/fabricator, however rules&regs/recomended practice on domestic water systems don't though. The thing is i've been to my uncles to replace a burst water pipe...
Replies
Views
Vic Cowell
V
M
Hi All, I am looking for a solution to a problem i have had with my heating system for a long time. I have an old back boiler downstairs with two pipes leading up from it. i have a cylinder tank in a bedroom and then a header/overflow tank and a large cold water tank in the loft. by the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock