Discuss Header tank filling through cold feed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help with this one. Have an old 3 pipe system in a pub Which fills the header tank via its cold fill and subsiquently overflows. The cylinder is 2 years old as it was replaced due to to splitting its also had the cf and ov moved to correct location behind pump. It's also had a pump and 2 port added to the cylinder flow. I think this may be where the problem lies. When the ch is off zone valves closed but cylinder calling for heat it keeps the pump on the heating circuit running meaning its pumping nowhere and then forcing its way up the cold feed ?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you think I've missed something.

if you have two ports on the system and they are closed and you have a pump over run then there should be a bypass on system preferably auto bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Header tank filling through cold feed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 12 year old house with a system comprising of a gas boiler with header tank and hot water cylinder also with header...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am reinstating an indirect hot water tank and have 2 cold water feeds coming into it from the same supply. One of the feeds has a float...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock