Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Digital Manometer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amy

Hi
I was thinking about getting myself a digital manometer and wondered which people recommend, if any? I Was looking at' 608 Single Input Digital Manometer '.
I can see prices varying from 59 to 259, single nipple( input ) and double nipple?
Accuracy to 1 point and 2 points.
I have a water type gauge, just wanted the digital version.
I understand you can use these to set min pressure on gas valves easier and also for checking to see if a boiler requires cleaning( some pressure test?).
Do you ever use 2 gauges at the same time,ie one on meter other on appliance, I find myself removing from meter to appliance, to meter to another appliance--or am I doing something wrong,lol.
Thankyou.

not a big lover of digi manometers TBH, there is a purchase cost then calibration, and perhaps im just old fashioned but after 11 months of daily use is it def going to record correctly, whereas water in a manometer is either droping or it isnt, on the point of using 2 manometers ( and OK i work as a trainer now so it is all Victor Meldrew) but i wouldnt leave a manometer connected to a test point if i wasnt beside it in case it slipped off, causing a prob, either a gas leak or setting fire to an appliance

If you have a good combustion analyser, theres a chance you can use it as a manometer. Just a thought before you buy one - check!

Like yourself I have thought about getting one for Worcester flue -ve pressure test but that is all I would probably use it for.
I have had the use of the digi ones in the past and found they can fluctuate quite a bit and can be a pain to use. Especially on an outside meter tightness test during a force 9 gale. Sometimes it's better to keep it simple with an old faithful u-tube which mentioned above, does not need calibration every year.
If you are getting one the TPI 608 will do the job. Thought about getting one myself when the cash-flow problems ease up. Need start servicing load of Worcesters to justify it though.

I already mentioned keeping it simple. One Manometer at a time!;)

Thankyou,
The pressure test you speak of, is that a test designed to ascertain whether heat exchanger/fan assembley is ready for a clean?
This is something I have heard of here and there but no class-room tuition yet.
I saw a worcester a few weeks ago, it didn't have a flue-gas analysis point but did have a kind of nipple sticking out of the top of the casing with a screw, sometimes also seen similar with a plastic nipple cover. And if there are no flue-gas analysis points and lets say the terminal was on the roof,how would we analyse this. Thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou,
The pressure test you speak of, is that a test designed to ascertain whether heat exchanger/fan assembley is ready for a clean?
This is something I have heard of here and there but no class-room tuition yet.
I saw a worcester a few weeks ago, it didn't have a flue-gas analysis point but did have a kind of nipple sticking out of the top of the casing with a screw, sometimes also seen similar with a plastic nipple cover. And if there are no flue-gas analysis points and lets say the terminal was on the roof,how would we analyse this. Thankyou.
It tells you how much air is being drawn through the heat exchanger which gives an indication of how dirty it may be without having to break into the combustion chamber. Not every boiler has this facility so it is not part of the general course. Mainly the more recent HE Worcesters avail of this to allow you to service without having to break the combustion chamber seals unless absolutely necessary.

The FGA point may be on the combustion cover case, top of boiler, or on flue as it exits the boiler. If unsure check the MI's.
If an older boiler has none, you may stick the probe in the flue terminal. If you cannot access the terminal the FGA cannot be done. You then have to revert back to basics and carry out full clean and inspection.

Is it a highflow 440 that you are referring to about the nipple with a red cap on the side of the case In turn this is connected to flexi pipe then to the flue inside the inner case.

Coley

Hello,
I found the name of the boiler, it was a worcester 24i.
The nipple on top of the casing was for testing with analyser ( correct me if i'm wrong ).
Amy.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you go about testing gas emissions on the highflow 440 as you cannot fit a a standard probe to the nozzle.

Coley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital Manometer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
if you have 1 appliance ie glowworm ultimate 50ff supplied from meter done in 15mm pipe supplying only 1 appliance. no other appliances on meter...
Replies
Views
C
Was servicing an old Thorn boiler, but had a feeling all was not well (appliance working pressure could not be adjusted down below maximum on the...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
S
Just a quick 1.Im in the middle of my studies and head is wrecked with this scenieo.In my viper training book it says delivery supply 21 +-1mbar...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
T
Hi, My Worcester 28i RSF keeps losing pressure. The pressure relief valve was replaced before Christmas as it was constantly leaking and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock