Search the forum,

Discuss pressures ?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stucky123

Just a quick 1.Im in the middle of my studies and head is wrecked with this scenieo.In my viper training book it says delivery supply 21 +-1mbar but in my logic training book it says 21+-2mbar.Is this 2 different test r what.Ne help wld be great thanks.

Probly look stupid her but ill give it ago is it burner pressure 21+-1 and working pressure 21+-2.This is how i c it by my books but if u were aloud 19 at meter sure ur appliance wld b wrong.Or do i just go by MI burner pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 21mbar + or - 2mbar. Working pressure.

21mbar + or - 1 mbar is old stuff.

cheers mate paying £100 for a book u wld think they wld have that corrected

most modern boilers you wont get burner pressure due modulating gas valve
19-23mb working pressure at meter
so 18-22mb allowed at appliance

you seriously want to question anyone who charges you £100 for a gas training book, you can get bpec CCN1 & all appliances for under £40, there are also others just as good

Minimum 19mb wp at the meter your allowed 1mb wp pressure drop at the appliance unless you are testing inside the boiler past the gas cock then you can allow up to 2.5mb wp drop , sliding scale up to 23mb at the meter.:)

The Viper books is very good, you should still only be looking to pay £45 - £50 for it.

Minimum 19mb wp at the meter your allowed 1mb wp pressure drop at the appliance unless you are testing inside the boiler past the gas cock then you can allow up to 2.5mb wp drop , sliding scale up to 23mb at the meter.:)

Interested where you get this from (I'm not saying your wrong, just would like to know what BS? I can quote on this).

I always install a test nipple on certain boilers, e.g Vaillant as I've had problems of losing more than 1 mbar wp from meter due to internal restriction. I know that the pipes have been sizes correctly, but always work on a 1 mbar drop so install a test nipple to cover my arse

The Viper books is very good, you should still only be looking to pay £45 - £50 for it.

It was 50 if your a member r 90 non member think it was 50 for the year membership so I paid membership 50 plus another 50 for book

Here you are from BS6400 (note the highlighted bit at the bottom)

This part of BS 6400 is applicable to primary and secondary meter
installations:
a) supplied with 2nd family gases from low pressure gas distribution systems with a maximum operating pressure not exceeding
75 mbar, a design minimum pressure of 19 mbar and a design
maximum incidental pressure of 200 mbar;
b) only fitted downstream of the emergency control valve;
c) that utilizes a primary meter regulator downstream of the
emergency control valve;
d) where the operating pressure at the outlet of the meter is nominally 21 mbar.
NOTE 2 Low pressure gas networks in Great Britain operate with a
maximum operating pressure not exceeding 75 mbar, a design minimum
pressure of 19 mbar and a design maximum incidental pressure of 200 mbar

Theoretically at high flow rates there could be DMP of 19mb at ECV, a 4mb absorption across the meter + 1mb over pipework = 14mb at inlet to boiler - 2.5mb through boiler = 12.5mb at burner :eek:

Here you are from BS6400 (note the highlighted bit at the bottom)

This part of BS 6400 is applicable to primary and secondary meter
installations:
a) supplied with 2nd family gases from low pressure gas distribution systems with a maximum operating pressure not exceeding
75 mbar, a design minimum pressure of 19 mbar and a design
maximum incidental pressure of 200 mbar;
b) only fitted downstream of the emergency control valve;
c) that utilizes a primary meter regulator downstream of the
emergency control valve;
d) where the operating pressure at the outlet of the meter is nominally 21 mbar.
NOTE 2 Low pressure gas networks in Great Britain operate with a
maximum operating pressure not exceeding 75 mbar, a design minimum
pressure of 19 mbar and a design maximum incidental pressure of 200 mbar

Theoretically at high flow rates there could be DMP of 19mb at ECV, a 4mb absorption across the meter + 1mb over pipework = 14mb at inlet to boiler - 2.5mb through boiler = 12.5mb at burner :eek:

thought I'd bring back this old thread, as I was rudely disconnected last week :disappointed:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/g...rivate/67575-meter-pressure-absorption-3.html

gas man says he's never heard so much utter toss and closed the thread with no right of reply :sad:
maybe he was right, I don't know

has bs 6400 changed though ?
I'm just really looking for an answer, as there seems to be some confusion and conflicting views :confused:

If you have purchased this new for £100 get back onto them and demand an up to date book, or at the very least a list of the typos so that you have current info, I use bpec books where I train and although they are good there are still far too many typos, but I have a list of them and we go through the book correcting them before we start

thought I'd bring back this old thread, as I was rudely disconnected last week :disappointed:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/g...rivate/67575-meter-pressure-absorption-3.html

gas man says he's never heard so much utter toss and closed the thread with no right of reply :sad:
maybe he was right, I don't know

has bs 6400 changed though ?
I'm just really looking for an answer, as there seems to be some confusion and conflicting views :confused:

If a moderator closes a thread it is for the good of the forum.

Thread closed. Take the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressures ?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock