Search the forum,

Discuss mixer shower question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kowalski181

hi
my father in law has passed on an unwanted rada thermoscopic 215-t3 temperature control. it's a big thing with 3 inlets coming off it i believe 1 hot 1 cold and 1 wate, trouble is its only a temperature control theres nothing to actually power it. ive bought an exposed shower kit to go with it but am led to believe that without the valve to control the power it will be useless and that the shower will effectively always be on. can someone educated in plumbing matters please tell me if this is effectively useless?
thanks

Hi. Does it look like this: https://supreme1.sslpowered.com/cgi...ers/Rada_and_Meynell_Showering.txt&item=00001

Never fitted one myself but looks straightforwards.

You need to get hold of a copy of the instructions. http://www.radacontrols.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1057616_w2_a.pdf and read carefully to answer any questions. If not phone tech support.

Normally cold will go to the right hand side and hot to the left hand side, and the shower hose connects underneath.

When you say nothing to power it - do you need an additional pump? Is your hot water supply from a gravity system, unvented or combi boiler? You

If you have a gravity system (tank in the loft and copper cylinder), the cold must have its own dedicated supply from the header tank feeding nothing else (this connection to be made lower than the outlet for the hot water feed), and the hot water to come from a tapping near the top of the cylinder or a branch off the horizontal pipe coming from the top of the cylinder.

Last edited:
many thanks
yes thats the one, though this particular unit has the control bit in the middle as seen but on the top it has the 3 inlets, rather than on the bottom on that diagram. as far as we can see it only has one control you can move at the front to change the temperature control, nothing to actually turn it on and off. we have bought this Exposed Overhead Single Spray Shower Kit RA Chrome - Deva available at Plumbworld to use as the shower, but what would we use to turn it on and off?
we have a worcester combi condenser boiler
thanks

There is normally a wheel on the mixer itself to turn the water on and off.

Have you checked your boiler is able to provide sufficient water flow and that the mixer has sufficient water flow for the shower fitting you have selected? If not, it will just dribble.

Can you post a pic of your mixer?

thanks again
here are 3 pics of the shower valve thing
yeah plumber checked when pricing job that good water pressure upstairs from boiler
101_1811.JPG
101_1809.JPG
101_1812.JPG
yeah thats what we thought about control but only bit that seems to move is front bit which appears to be for temperature

Attachments

• 101_1809.jpg
    101_1809.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_1811.jpg
    101_1811.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 101_1812.jpg
    101_1812.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 8
I think the front is for the control. If I remember right the temperature for these mixers is fixed and can't be adjusted by the user (like in a gym changing room), but I suggest you look at the instructions.

I suggest you connect it up with hosepipes from the hot and cold supply to test it and find out how it works before it is actually installed.

many thanks for ll your help, think ill abort the rada might put it on ebay for a tenner to see if someone wants it
do you think the other option i listed will work ok?
thanks

Absolutely No. It is not a thermostatic mixer and therefore unsuitable.

i just presumed it would be the same as it has 3 inlets?
could you advise what we need to have a mixer shower please?
what should i be typing in ebay or plumbworld to go with the exposed shower kit above ive bought or is it best just to return that?
do you think anyone would buy the rada things thats useless i have as it has no power control only for the temperature?
mny thanks

is this suitable SQUARE 2 WAY THERMOSTATIC SHOWER VALVE MIXER SET on eBay (end time 14-Jan-10 09:40:32 GMT)

thanks
moz-screenshot-25.jpg
moz-screenshot-26.jpg

many thanks think i know what doing now, found thermostatic shower valve on ebay for less than £100 that looks good deal
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mixer shower question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main bathroom, and same in en-suite. 20 year old Baxi boiler, still going strong. Background: Need to free up as much space in loft for conversion. Enough...
Replies
Views
I am just buying an old house in a rural village. The village does not have mains gas available and the property has no outside space for a tank. Currently the hot water is provided by a standard immersion heater into a hot water tank. I believe its the older type with a small cold water header...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Almost last resort to call out an engineer, but as it’s so close to Christmas I doubt anything will be done until the New Year. Apologies for the long post in advance, I’m sure the more info is given helps with responses and means less questions needs to be asked!? We have a 3 bedroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, Trying to get my head around what may have caused our, admittedly very old, plastic cold water storage tank to split and leak through the bathroom ceiling. We have what I believe is referred to as an open vented system - conventional boiler, cold water storage tank and small header tank in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock