Discuss Old Style Armitage Ware Toliet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon H

Hi Guys and Gals

I have an old toilet that needs removing to retile, the only thing is the toilet appears a tad odd.

It wastes out of the bottom then out to the soil pipe, I havent a clue what sort of toliet it is but I am concerned that when I remove it I may break something and parts may not be available.

Any ideas?

Jon.

It is an S trap pan. You can still get them to order. A P trap with a bent pan connector does the same job. Depends how old it is if you would get a similar style tho.

Hi and thanks, How does it connect to the pipe in the floor? can I get parts for this connection? Thanks. jOn

Depends what type joint is in the floor but yes. You can get something to connect to anything.

Thank, but I dont think its an S Tipe pan, I've looked and there is no pipe out of the rear it empties right under your bum (sorry to be course) I can email a picture if thats any good? thanks. JOn.

An S trap points down (like an S on its side) and a P trap out like a P on its nose

Sounds like an old syphonic pan s trap to me.

Best off replacing it...

I've got one to replace this week..........in champagne colour to match the rest of the thirty year old suite.

Major expense at 260 sheets though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Style Armitage Ware Toliet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
R
Replies
Views
R
A
Just been asked to do a quote to fix this leak. it is under the shower tray and appears to be in the CH flow or return pipe. The pipes are quite...
Replies
Views
andekoch
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock