Discuss My first Mistake what was yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once dropped a basin as I slid it from the back of the delivery van. Only dropped about 12" but went tinkle. I just threw it straight in the skip still in the box, didn't want to look. Said to the driver: 'when you get back, can you order me another one please'. Then I proceeded to swear loudly.

ÂŁ200 gone just like that.
id have given the driver 30 quid to take the blame

i once ordered 6 bathroom suites from wickes as they were cheap i think nearly every item was chipped broke or was wrong had a manth of hell running back and forth changing bits never again

had been at college about 5 weeks and decided i was qualified enough to change a bath. drained cold water storage tank and removed old bath. The hot and cold feeds did not have any isolation valves so i fitted a couple. installed bath and re-filled tank. this is when i discovered (after calling my dad to rescue me) that 22mm pipe and 3/4" pipe are very different indeed.i had used 22mm olives and not 3/4"!!!

My first mess was unblocking a kitchen trap. I disconected it and carefully poured the contents down the sink!
Think about it.

My first mistake was on my **** 6 months helping....grinding unistrut.....set myself on onfire......first plumbing mistake bout 3 years in (forgetting stupid drips) forget the name, terrible for that, long trough like urinals concealed pipes behind wall from cisterns air locked.....water turned on 1 week before grand opening.....

Got to be honest lads
I did that 25 yrs ago, and every time i take a trap off i have a little laugh at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My first Mistake what was yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, we have really good water pressure where we live. But that in turn has left us with very noisy taps in the bathrooms. At the moment we...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
K
About a month ago, we noticed water marks on our kitchen ceiling so got a plumber out to look at our bathroom to see if they could find the...
Replies
Views
K

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock