Search the forum,

Discuss I earnt £65 today, woop woop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well, My first job in almost 5 days!! a landlords gas safety check, it's so exciting. I've earnt £65 and I just don't know what to do with it.

I'm thinking I'll treat the wife to fish n chips, put a tenners worth of fuel in the van so I'm ready for next months job and then the rest I'll bank which should cover at least 1% of my monthly running costs.

Oh, and of course I've gotta take into account Mr Browns cut.

If things carry on at this pace I may be able to afford a new magic tree air freshener for the van I've had my eye on for a while.

It's no wonder so many still wanna be a plumber/gas fitter with the lure of fish n chips and daytime tv. Living the dream, oh yeah. :D

Hi Bronzino. LOL! and here's me thinking plumbers are on a good whack, i'm from nottingham too. I should carry on what i'm doing now. Driving a green cab. And keep the plumbing training for when i need to use it on my own house.
Good luck to you mate.
mani

Just about manage to make enough cash at the moment to keep the van on the road and pay the bills. We're all looking fitter as we've done away with takeaways and eating out since Christmas and my beer ration is down to 1 pint a week.

Still hopefully there will be good weather this summer so a couple of weeks camping in the wilds of Scotland will make up for not going on that trip to Italy this year.

why are you moaning when you said on another thread you didnt jump on the PLUMBING BANDWAGON FOR THE MONEY AND ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE ???????? Ha Yeah rite.

heating and eating. the two things always required by everyone. dont forget that. plod on.. it will get better.

Bronzinho ? I know how you feel it just gets like that sometimes. How much cash are you laying down on advertising per month if you dont mind me asking?

Mystic Puddle has a feeling Bronzino your phone is going to go over next few days with a big job at the end ,so enjoy the break
But in the mean time do'nt give to much to the wife,the odd smile every few weeks should do ;):p

why are you moaning when you said on another thread you didnt jump on the PLUMBING BANDWAGON FOR THE MONEY AND ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE ???????? Ha Yeah rite.

Super mario, Lay off the caps as I find it rather antagonising. Also for your benefit, here is a definition you might wanna look at:

Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using irony in the characterization of someone or something in order to express contempt toward that person or thing.[1] A common form of sarcasm, for example, in conversation, involves what seems to be praising some action that actually is intended to be interpreted, instead, as a ridiculing it; this interpretation is usually surmised through the obvious irony of such a comment.

To everyone else that posted:

I'm glad we have this forum to share stories and use the power of humour to get us through these challenging times !! :D

Bronzinho ? I know how you feel it just gets like that sometimes. How much cash are you laying down on advertising per month if you dont mind me asking?

Well mate, I'm in two local village monthly newsletters, I'm with Age Concern, I have my own website, on localtraders.com(waste of money) on yell, in yellow pages, thompson, touch local (these are only free listing though).

I did do my local towns weekly paper, which was like £20 a week but I got nothing from it at all.

I also sent off x20 letters to estate agents last month.

So I'm trying my best! :D

Last edited:
Ah the days of big money, I remember when I was an apprentice and we earnt £40 a week and we had to avoid pterydactyls on the way to work, those were the days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I earnt £65 today, woop woop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
I often think people who are self employed are in a very poor position when it comes to getting info and friendly support. I know how...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
D
Apologies if this is in the wrong section ... and sorry for long post! I'm on the hunt for a new Ford Transit. I'm not interested in other...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
D
Hi, my first post here, I rent out a property with a open flue Johnson & Starley warm air heater (installed in the house in 1978!). The property...
Replies
Views
Mbear
M
M
just read the post Dont get too excited ! never read anything as funny! it descended into a right good free for all! in my honest opinion anyone...
Replies
Views
johnmess
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock