Discuss Gas sizing chart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never done it that way . I just use my old CITB way gas rate then calc length / max length to give actual pressure loss in each section .
So for your 3m3 over 15 metres 22mm copper gives 1 mbar calculated drop No good ( Debatable ? NO ) so 28 mm gives less than 0.5mbar (using max charted length of 30m)
You obviously need your flow chart for this Hope you understand it

I dont understand the way you have gone about calculating this, mainly because of the reference to "3 legs", as far as I know the calculation is from the meter to the appliance with an allowance for fittings and a max drop of 1mbar from meter to appliance. If the length from the meter to the appliance is about 9m I dont understand how you have come to 45m

I had never seen it either but it is in the CORGI book like that . I had a look last night . I suppose its like all these things its horses for courses as to the method you use .
But with my method you dont need to find 45metres !;)

Same here...and I dont have a problem with gas rates! I think anyone using this method will be oversizing pipework and crippling their margins! Haha

im changing to the other method. well at least i know if my customers want to upgrade in the future they should be ok lol.

thanks for the advise ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas sizing chart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Afternoon all, Please can someone help me out by posting a screen grab or link to pipe sizing charts for copper and barrel beyond the standard...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
L
Currently have a very old open system gas boiler which services the hot water system, via a storage cylinder and a ring of 11 radiators. Needs...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
L
Posted this last week in the wrong forum so this is a (modified) repeat and I like to three who answered that post. Currently have a very old...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, The theory behind pipesizing is fully understood and easy to implement in a test situation or written question but whilst disscussing it with...
Replies
Views
R
My partner owns a house which she lived in for 20 years and started renting out 2 years ago. First 2 gas inspections found no problems, but the...
Replies
Views
metaldust9
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock