Discuss gas hob cp12 check or not ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it just gets better and better worked on a baxi solo to day 15mm gas pipe from boiler to gas meter length of pipe 7m and a gas hob conected no earth conection or bonding Dont think you would get away with that in uk only in mother ireland would you see this

well i use to drive gas company mad when i found a gas leek when we changed from town gas to nat gas it would only be on a cooker injector or gas tap but i use to say if it was a water leek would you leave it so i would allways work with safety first or pay the price works for me Gas company got report 10 years ago around xmas time put it in as a not to bad a leek killed 3 people blue side off appartment block so hope this answers your question just a guess would say light switch arched good night then DAVE 01

just to mix things up a bit but if the hob isolationvalve has to be in a visable position and by the way i can see the sense in that what is the point of the new type of built in isolation hob connections that are on sale in lots of places including bes that make the removal of the oven necessary for service purposes or to simply see if a isolator is present.i personally prefer to pipe in from the side fit iso and can neatly bend pipe into hob making both clearly visably for the next person along but thats just the way i like to do it and we all have different ways of doing things

just to mix things up a bit but if the hob isolationvalve has to be in a visable position and by the way i can see the sense in that what is the point of the new type of built in isolation hob connections that are on sale in lots of places including bes that make the removal of the oven necessary for service purposes or to simply see if a isolator is present.i personally prefer to pipe in from the side fit iso and can neatly bend pipe into hob making both clearly visably for the next person along but thats just the way i like to do it and we all have different ways of doing things

:whatchutalkingabout:whatchutalkingabout

The hob isolation valve doesn't need to be in a visible position although it is preferable. Its purpose is as a service valve, not for everyday use.

Dave
A 7m 15mm pipe on a 50000 solo would be fine and a lack of meb wouldn't worry me other than the extra 5 minutes to fill out a bit paper that will go in the bin. i'd just give out the usual card and NCS

since most hobs these days have very few identifing names on them i end up taking the oven out to find the label under the hob so i can fill in the formwould it be correct to just put unknown ?

I just put "silver one" or "black one" lol just joking I do the same a lot of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas hob cp12 check or not ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A while before Christmas, we ended up needing the gas pipe feeding our gas hob moving a couple of inches to allow a new oven to slide in properly...
Replies
Views
G
Hi I am considering renting out my house in Scotland and have an lpg hob in the kitchen. I am aware I need a gas safety certificate and a mate...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
customer called ask how much i will charge to fit a gas hob . i said £20 to remove old one and £60 fit new one ! he said i am to expansive ...
Replies
Views
A
Hey Guys, Seen a gas hob today which looked to me at a glance to be very slightly higher flame (just on 1 ring ) and very slightly what I would...
Replies
Views
R
My partner owns a house which she lived in for 20 years and started renting out 2 years ago. First 2 gas inspections found no problems, but the...
Replies
Views
metaldust9
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock