Discuss gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
customer called ask how much i will charge to fit a gas hob .

i said £20 to remove old one and £60 fit new one !

he said i am to expansive , i refused too do it cheaper !!

and lost a customer!

i live in london end of the day !

how much do you charge for a hob ?

No,I quote between £90 to £100,as long as gas isolation present and that is reasonable,you are not expensive,the customer is trying it on,she will not find cheaper than £80.00,trouble is she will ring round to get a cheaper quote,will not and who ever she rings last before getting fed up gets the job but at £80 you are in with a shout

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
you are not dear as puddle said its a try on we all get em,walk away,dont under value your self

everyone is out to get the cheapest they can find, trouble is the cheapest isnt always the best. weve had a bit of trouble with this up our end, we charge about the same as you for gas hob replacements but then plus the dreaded vat, as soon as we say vat they all say "What about cash only price" OR "Blimey thats expensive, bob round the corner said he do it for £15" weve lost alot of installs to the tight wads but weve also been called in to make good a bad job on a few of them.

spot on price,you will always get the customer who can get it done on the cheap,i always tell them what price do they put on safety,tell them you are not open to bartering and stick with your prices,if you had to do a 1st and 2nd fix i would have charged a lot more,hope this helps.

I install hobs and cookers for a couple of kitchen fitters for IKEA and they charge around £90 for a std hob, £120 for a Range install, £15 a meter for pipe above floor, £25 below the floor. I don't set the prices, IKEA do when the customer accepts the quote. I work around Edinburgh and there are guys out there doing it cheaper, but I get my work from IKEA anyway.
I have had people choke down the phone when I tell them £75 for a CP12, the usual reply is I can get it done for £25. There are going to be a lot of guys working for next to nothing when it all goes good again, nothing harder than trying to raise prices for existing customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock