Discuss gas hob cp12 check or not ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
imho tt is an absolute must when doing any check or work for 2 reasons
1/customer cannot claim that ""it was fine before you came now find my leak"" you will have no alternative but to comply
2/how can you leave a property after cp12 or any work and be sure that there is no gas leaks regardless of whether you have caused them surely as an engineer no 1 priority is safety(and getting paid)
whats important is you are happy that you have left that property safe and if that means doing a bit extra then fine after all are we saying we want to do the least amount of checks we can get away with doesnt seem much of an advert for standards does it

without a TT a sleepless night is all you will end up with..

i still have them and i do everything by the book.

why woould you do a tightness test on a condensing service if the mi's dont require you to break into the gas line, gas rate ,flue analyser visual check of flue and terminal jobs a good un even on a back boiler strip down you only need to test joints disturbed with ldf

Last edited:
Tommy. The book doesn't require a tightness test as some people have stated but I do understand why you personally want to carry one out; I've yet to see someone state it from a specific procedure as it's not in one.

I have looked at all my manuals and an appliance service has never required an installation TT (and have trained guys for ACS, ACOPS and C&G over the last 32 years).

As regards a CP12, the CORGI manual states "Carry out a visual inspection of exposed areas of pipe work. A gas tightness (soundness) test is also recommended (but it doesn't state mandatory).

As for the hob hose, we had a Gas Safe business manager out once to confirm to the guys 'Face to face' that the check is a visual one without removing appliances; but, it he didn't say don't if you really want to.

Now obviously everyone has their own thoughts about what they would rather do for peace of mind. The guys not doing it are following the book and the ones doing the additional checks are for peace of mind or what they feel is 'Better practice' but where do you stop.

I've seen a post on the forum where is states that people carrying out a full tightness test on a service is purely a money making exercise as it is not required and they are searching for work. I think in most cases this isn't true but as soon as a customer calls Gas Safe to see if it is madatory you'd better hope you didn't tell them it was.

Anyway, i'd never criticise anyone for overdoing a job but it's generally better for some people to check the book before quoting from it.

i suppose technically you could put unknown down on your form. however if you dont see the data plate with the burner and operating pressure on then how can you pass it on the form or declare it safe to use ?
what if the data plate used to say, use on lpg only or something daft (extreme example) you need to see a data plate or positivly identify an appliance to state that it is safe to use.
oven has to come out and you need to see data plate. might as well check if it is connected with rigid or a lump of garden hose.
no data plate - how can you say the appliance is safe to use. no data plate at risk in my book.

i agree with you over the data badge.

with a cooker hose you would have to find and consult manufactures instructions to know if its correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas hob cp12 check or not ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A while before Christmas, we ended up needing the gas pipe feeding our gas hob moving a couple of inches to allow a new oven to slide in properly...
Replies
Views
G
Hi I am considering renting out my house in Scotland and have an lpg hob in the kitchen. I am aware I need a gas safety certificate and a mate...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
customer called ask how much i will charge to fit a gas hob . i said £20 to remove old one and £60 fit new one ! he said i am to expansive ...
Replies
Views
A
Hey Guys, Seen a gas hob today which looked to me at a glance to be very slightly higher flame (just on 1 ring ) and very slightly what I would...
Replies
Views
R
My partner owns a house which she lived in for 20 years and started renting out 2 years ago. First 2 gas inspections found no problems, but the...
Replies
Views
metaldust9
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock