Discuss Fixing misconnections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shawz09

Hi,

I'm writing a proposal for a project that will try and sort out potentially hundreds of misconnections in a UK city (i.e. making sure wastewater from dishwashers/ toilets/ washing machines doesn't go into the surface water drain). I know every job would be different, but on average, how much would it cost to sort out a house that has been misconnected in some way?

Are we talking a 1 day job? And what are the likely material costs? Are we talking £50 or £200? That sort of order of magnitude.

Any help hugely appreciated. It could lead to a lot of work for someone - so fingers crossed! Thanks all!

Thanks for the speedy response! No - I'm basically writing a proposal that creates funding for a trained plumber to go and fix loads of these misconnections. So I'm looking for what it would cost a plumber to do this work (labour and material cost). Thanks again!

Well it rather depends on the nature of what you call misconnections the number of them etc
Therefore estimating parts and labour on a theoretical situation is nigh on impossible.

Also don't forget that johnny homeowner will likely be unaware of and apathetic to misconnections so how are you going to identify work that needs doing?

Hi shawz, do you have a plumbing background? Or plumbing knowledge?

surely any misconnections would be underground therefore not a job for a plumber more like a groundworker

It will cost a lot of money, new drains is a groundworkers job then it would become a plumbers job.

it sounds like major work, you would have to factor in a few trades, who's responsible for the aftermath decorating, plastering if required. If it was my house I would tell you to go away.

think of a figure double it add 50% then a bit for yourself then add another bit = £££ it could be anything

no most misconnections are add ons aftrer the houses are built washing machines are probably the most common, family move in and decided they want the kitchen the other way round and the kitchen fitters drop the waste in the only open drain they can find that side of the house

the work would vary from an hours work to a day or two depending on the extent of the problem. A simple reroute of a dish washer waste could take a few mins if there is a fowl drain near by. or it could mean the dish washer or drains need moving.

to many variables really.

i guess if your pricing for a large contract you would base your price on the average amount of work and some you make good money and some you lose good money. The problem with this is you will need somebody who has experience in this type of work and type of contract to be able to give you an idea.

On topic with foul and waste water.... Got a call from a brickie mate today, was sent to a school by his employers to find out why an Aco drain taken straight to an inspection chamber was smelling!!

Yes, and all the groundwork has finished, and everything lines up whereas the traps will be misaligned....gonna need a shovel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing misconnections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
About a year ago I had a a big renovation done (using professionals) and this included new central heating, plumbing and bathroom. 2 jobs I had...
Replies
Views
Just had another idiot (a property developer) who is starting to get funny come payment time. This is despite a detailed written quote being sent...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Had a woman call our company on Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (*********) could come out to site and help her (We charge...
Replies
Views
365drills
S
I need some advice from someone wiser, Today, I looked at a job: on the face of it, it is to plumb in a radiator which is already fixed to...
Replies
Views
newbie1
N

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back