Discuss Dangerous G3 installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2053

Called to a house last week where the previous plumber had walked out after being paid up, but had not finished the work. Admittedly I know this client and am aware that she is capable of being a right pain in the proverbial, but that does not excuse the crap installation of the unvented hot water. I suspect from looking at it that the guy was not G3 qualified as it has basic errors like a ball isolator between the expansion/pressure relief valve and the cylinders. This seems to be outside the scope of a RIDDOR. Are building control really going to be interested? If not, to whom does one report?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose you got to hope, wait, see, if when the instalation breaks down causes massive amount of damage to the house interior maybe some harm to the house older otherwise what can anyone do - I find myself in a similar situation quite regular - chin up don`t work for nowt put it right if thats an option:)

Hi! Had his kind of problem in a company I worked for. It did a lot of work for large housing associations. The thing is new work was done by one department and repair by another and both had different budgets.

So after the first twelve months the new work was handed over to the repair side and any repairs came out of their budget.

Well before the repair side accepted them, we where some times sent to inspect and test the new accommodation service installations to ensure compliance.

The thing was, if they never, you where required to supply supporting evidence as to why they never complied. One house we went too, had flues virtually horizontal, going what must have been nearly 10 meters around the roof space with all kinds of bends on.

The thing is, just by looking at it it looked wrong.

But we had to total all the flue system resistance factors up to prove it. And supply written back up.

So if a job looks wrong supply written back up and supporting materials to prove it i.e. British Standards, manufactures instructions, Building Regulation, Gas and Water rules and so on. Quote the place in the regs you got your information from.

Lots of hassle, but worth it for safety.

She should get him back to sort it, or her pursue him.

Dont touch it, bear in mind that as a competent person, if you touch it you are responsible for the bits you have touched and the bits you cannot see.

It'll be on YOUR insurance if something goes wrong later, even the unseen.

If she wants a report on whats wrong, charge her for it.

any job that is unsafe or potentially dangerous, can be reported to hse under riddor rules, and indeed by law has to be. riddor isnt just for gas. report him, your customer will thank you and you will get further business from being aware of the safety of your client.

OK Shaun I will try that route. A cursory glance at the HSE website had given me the impression that they were not interested. In the meantime the householder has sent a letter with a load of input from me included. Actually on a closer inspection there were minor errors in the installation of the boiler, although nothing worthy of a riddor. The householder has been asked to press for both the notification which has yet to arrive and also proof that the plumber was competent. Thanks for the input everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dangerous G3 installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
Hi all, Ready for War and Peace ? Hope you are all sitting comfortably, so let me begin...p.s. I am not a plumber, I work in IT so sorry if...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I have a failed expansion tank (which is full of water and has 0 bar pressure) on my unvented hot water storage system. Currently the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
Excessive pressure drop in Megaflo UV Mark 1 2002 My first posting on this website and I apologise for it being a long one: A domestic hot water...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
G
My client recently bought a "refurbished" house and unfortunately their system has a worrying lack of controls. My opinion is the system is...
Replies
Views
Gentlemen Ben
G
B
unvented cyclinder installed not to g3 regs passed by building control, installers not g3 compliant.20 apartments with 22mm d2 pipes all come min...
Replies
Views
Puddle
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock