Discuss unvented cylinder in loft space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

Can you please let me know if any of you installed an unvented hot water cylinder in a loft space? and if so is there any special consideration I should take into account before the installation or the cylinder can be fitted
virtually
any where in the property?

Thanks

sasik

Because of the servicing requirements it's going to want a loft ladder, walkway and lighting.

two things to bare in mind,can i get it up there ????? and will the floor support the excess weight??????
unvented cylinder can go anywhere=as long as its wll supported....load baring wall etc.[the british regs i am not certain of , so please correct me if i am wrong}
u will need power to suit for the immersion/s.controls need to be set up also, u don t want to go up to the attick each time to put it on and off.and a mains water supply.just as a safety precaution, may i add that u should be qualified to carry out unvented works.:cool:

Hi. Access is important as is frost protection. However my experiences associated with early unvented, suggest that if to be fitted in a loft, they be fitted on a drip tray complete with overflow/warning pipe. To accommodate leaks if they occur. Corrosion between copper and stainless steel where coils etc are fitted have caused failure /leaks on several installations over the years. Good Luck

Just a consideration if you've not thought of it ...

I've forgotten the name of the system, (secondary circulating???) but if the pipe runs to the hot water are long, it will be a while until hot water reaches the taps ... the dead leg.

If you know what I mean, that's great. If not, I'll go and look it up and post again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinder in loft space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I'm finally getting to do my own bathroom renovation (spend most of my time doing everyone else's). The bathroom is on the ground...
Replies
Views
Current system: Combi boiler with direct cold water all on 15mm pipes. 28mm outside diameter lead pipe from supply converted to 15mm copper to...
Replies
Views
Thanks anyone for reading Looking for peoples views of best setup, location and any points to consider that I don’t mention please 2000 built...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock