Discuss old type toilet siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This toilet is 30 years old,
It has a tube protruding from the cistern into the bowl which I broke and there is the hemispherical piece of rubber with a hole in it that fits over the pipe.

The new siphons seem to be simpler and I seem to recall that these old types are no made anymore, is that so?

Sounds like a syphonic w/c,you will need the part you have broken to make w/c operate correctly,if you just fit new syphon the w/c will not work/flush,what make of w/c is it ,if well known give them a ring to see if they have part if not and you can not repair part a new w/c will be required:(

You can still buy them to order but they will be dear. Many plumbers will have one or two saved as spares - you could do some phoning round. I had one but I used it last year where a syphon had worn out.

I came across one of these 'respirators' fitted to a syphon in a syphonic WC a couple of months ago. The first time ive seen one of these in 19 years of plumbing. I just tossed it to one side and cracked on with fitting the new push button flush valve.......guess what....pan fills with water and wouldnt flush away. Had to rewasher old syphon and refit with respirator. Hour and a half to do a syphon (i did try pushing the respirator into bottom of flush valve).......lets just say i always inspect the back of pan now before diving in.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old type toilet siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have had a Saniflo PRO XR for three years. Still under warranty and I put cleaner/descaler every three months. It is used once or twice...
Replies
Views
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very...
Replies
Views
Hello I wanted to fit an isolating valve to the supply to the toilet cistern so as to reduce the water pressure. The cistern has a shutoff valve...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with a downstairs toilet not clearing solid waste. It's an old type Royal Doulton low level type with a bottom exit into the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Can you give me some advice please?. I live in a one bed on the 3rd floor of a 12 year old flat. I have a mildly bad smell that seems to be...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock