Search the forum,

Discuss Numatic Henry v Numatic Charles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Riz

I've got to get a new vacuum cleaner and am seriously thinking about a Henry.

However I've read that it may be better off to get a Charles (wet and dry) as it's useful for plumbing work.

Now I'm not a pro plumber, but I do have a blockage in my heating system (downstairs radiators are lukewarm) so was wondering if that can be used to help unblock it?

Generally though is it work the extra £20?

Hi Riz
I have just replaced my George which has done hard work over a period of 20 years, with another George. Although I considered Charles the reason I went for the George was t make it possible to immediatly clean carpet should I have an unfortunate accident with a radiator or something. It is great for blockages and can be used without the solution tank for greater waste water capacity.
If the George is anything to go by the Charles will be a great machine

i would go for the wet henry or bill or whatever its name is,i killed my first henry sucking up water blew its little lungs apart and his eyes were filled with crosses GLUG GLUG was the last noise he made RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Thanks guys for your feedback. Order placed for a Charles from Amazon.

One thing though TMAX, being a lowly non-plumber, how do you remove a blockage with the hoover? Do you attach it to the drainage tap outside and suck it out?

Thanks!

Suck it and see!
Sorry I could n't resist that.
Seriously now. If the blockage is in drainage try to pull the blockage back from the direction it came. There have been times when the result has been instant after rodding and Sulphuric acid (one shot, bullet etc) have failed.
Set up all you need for cleaning your nice new George before start.
Blocages in heating circuits are best removed by powerflushing. Having said that I have never tried the George on Heating blockages. You may be onto something
George also great for clearing pipes that are full of water but cant be drained when you need to solder them

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of the first Henry's, when they were metal. It had a proper outlet so that you could attach the hose and use it to blow, very useful for servicing back-boilers!

Whether you go for Henry the third or Charles the second they are still the monarchs of the vacuum world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Numatic Henry v Numatic Charles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our vented hot water system with an unvented hot water system but the heating remains open with a small F&E tank in the loft. Since the works, when the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, I know this topic has been done to death but I have tried almost everything I can find online and I would welcome any advice on the problem with my radiator before I call in the plumber. Right so my radiators all work from a Worcester Combi boiler (5 years old) sealed system, there...
Replies
Views
johnpaul.gordon
J
D
Hello, I'm a new user, amateur with little experience. To summarise, I've moved into a new house in the past year, the boiler has become very noisy, I'm planning to clean out the system and I was hoping for some general advice from people with experience. The system is closed with a combi...
Replies
Views
davevincent
D
M
Hi My plumber has asked me to purchase my new boiler, tank and accessories and has given me his advice on what I need, but has left the specifics up to me. And so here I am and a little confused after looking at the many options available. A little background... I have a fairly large 115...
Replies
Views
N
It's a slightly long story -please bear with me and see if you can help! I have been living in a 20 year old house with a single pipe heating system for two years and have decided to have a upgrade as many of the radiators have sludge problem and are cold near the bottom. Also had a "pitching"...
Replies
Views
tipintim
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock