Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Need some help please! - Potterton combi 80e heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andybibby

Need some help please! - Potterton 80e combi - when heating is called for the fan just runs and there is no flames. Pilot stays alight but no heat - help please!

callout a gas safe techi as it could be several things, all involving gas/safety hence why your combi is failing to work. sorry i am not being more helpful.

This boiler doesnt have a pilot, its automatic ignition?.

Need some help please! - Potterton 80e combi - when heating is called for the fan just runs and there is no flames. Pilot stays alight but no heat - help please!

what does it do on hot water?

My mistake! - it has a permanent pilot.

The hot water works, and reading some other threads it looks like I need to replace the wax capsule head.....

let us know how you go on replacing wax capsule head,
i have a few candles in the van

na fix it ,i went to one of these that had a split heat exchanger the other week the customer was an old bloke and he had a few buckets underneath it, the combustion chamber was full of water which went downstairs into the gas meter and his cooker, so the boiler would need a new heat exchanger gas valve panels perhaps and maybe a new pcb also all for the bargain price of £330 ,customer well happy or better still get a BG contract well worth the money I always recommend customers to get BG out when there is hundreds of pounds in parts lol

yes likewise and there new, a fan for one of them is around £150 ,got a quote for a swiftflow fan £162 at trade

hey guys the web is so usefull now its brilliant!you probably wont belive this but think i need some help myself! my mothers boiler (combi 80) has just sprang a leak on the left hand side of the heat exchanger right on a elbow joint so im not really to sure if i can just replace the elbow or if its attached to the heat exchanger and new a new one! any ideas on where to get parts from where someone may know what im talking about im living down cambridge way. what a gift for christmas hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some help please! - Potterton combi 80e heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, just fired up the boiler for the winter and booked in a service and i'm having an odd issue, the hot water heats up fine, scalding...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, At our old flat, we had a combi boiler which dealt with heating and hot water without an additional tank. There was an external timer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock