Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant 242 EH ignition issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues.
It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating.
When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is tripped.
Each time it tries to light it does light the burner and then the flame goes out immediately and then it ignites again this repeats until it works or trips. Once it stays lit it is fine while there is a demand.
I've given the combustion chamber a service and checked the DHW and CH overheat sensors as well as the NTC resistor.
Measuring the voltage at the gas operator shows 20v when operating. It also shows 20v when the fault shows and cycles between 0 to 20v each time it tries to fire up. I'm not sure if this is the fault or normal operation.
I tried changing the Flame supervision, Thermostat and Fan circuit PCB's with spares which made no difference. The only other board that I don't have is the main switch one that the others plug into. I'm also wondering if the transformer is failing and dropping the 20v due to the extra load powering the ignition spark.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to Vaillant 242 EH ignition issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
My ancient Vaillant Turbomax has been operating perfectly for the last few years but this week on Monday night I had no hot water or heating. I switched the boiler off and back on and all was fine again. The system is on a Honeywell system which switches the heating on in the morning for half...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have checked that it is receiving switched 240V heat demand from controller into PCB, so believe it's just a boiler issue. Boiler was working fine up until...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock