Discuss Need some help please! - Potterton combi 80e heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andybibby

Need some help please! - Potterton 80e combi - when heating is called for the fan just runs and there is no flames. Pilot stays alight but no heat - help please!

callout a gas safe techi as it could be several things, all involving gas/safety hence why your combi is failing to work. sorry i am not being more helpful.

My mistake! - it has a permanent pilot.

The hot water works, and reading some other threads it looks like I need to replace the wax capsule head.....

na fix it ,i went to one of these that had a split heat exchanger the other week the customer was an old bloke and he had a few buckets underneath it, the combustion chamber was full of water which went downstairs into the gas meter and his cooker, so the boiler would need a new heat exchanger gas valve panels perhaps and maybe a new pcb also all for the bargain price of £330 ,customer well happy or better still get a BG contract well worth the money I always recommend customers to get BG out when there is hundreds of pounds in parts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need some help please! - Potterton combi 80e heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back