Search the forum,

Discuss Mains cold to bathrooms in 22 or 15? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scottley

Hi all

Im carcassing out my new loft conversion. I have a 250lt megaflo to go in but im stuck on the pipe size for the cold main. I have run the hot feed to the bathrooms in 22 and reduced down to 15 for the basins but wondered whether it was necessary to run this in 22 or 15? Also should i run it straight from the main or from the balanced supply? The shower feeds will be balanced and in 22.

Thanks

I would put a 3 bar PRV on the mains into the house. If possible tee cylinder off in 22mm first from the main or as close as possible and don't tee anything of the cylinder feed. From the cylinder use 22mm to the bathroom and tee appliances off maintaining 22mm as close to bath as you can get.

Good practise to tee shower off cylinder direct you can use 15mm.

As for cold supply you can go from anywhere really (exept cylinder feed) if you have a PRV on the incoming main.

I would put a 3 bar PRV on the mains into the house. If possible tee cylinder off in 22mm first from the main or as close as possible and don't tee anything of the cylinder feed. From the cylinder use 22mm to the bathroom and tee appliances off maintaining 22mm as close to bath as you can get.

Good practise to tee shower off cylinder direct you can use 15mm.

As for cold supply you can go from anywhere really (exept cylinder feed) if you have a PRV on the incoming main.

Thanks, i have the PRV that comes with it but planned to put that in the cupboard with the megaflo and take all services after it and the feed to the megaflo. As for the hot i have a 22 under the floor for the fees tot he bathrooms but showers will come off a tee and go up through ceiling to the showers.

I want it to all be as efficient as possible as i hate waste.

Im planning on putting a CWS tank in the loft for rain water harvesting to run the toilets, for some reason the kids think its fun to flush it for no reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains cold to bathrooms in 22 or 15? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe running through the loft space because I would rather avoid having a cold water pipe buried under the loft roll insulation. Instead, I’d like to reuse...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
I want to put in an electric shower in my downstairs cloakroom which currently has a gravity fed cold supply from the tank in the loft. The shower I am looking to install needs a mains fed cold supply which I could do by disconnecting this pipework from the gravity tank and connecting the cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a thermostatic shower valve feeding a shower head in the ceiling of my bathroom. The bathroom is in my loft, so 3rd floor. I have a system boiler setup on the ground floor. The shower was running stone-cold whatever the settings so I fitted a new cartridge but even now at it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock