Search the forum,

Discuss Cap off cold water running to shower via loft space? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please.

I want to remove the cold water pipe running through the loft space because I would rather avoid having a cold water pipe buried under the loft roll insulation.

Instead, I’d like to reuse the capped cold water pipe that is running into the shower area and then cap off the cold water supply that’s running into the loft space. What I’m not entirely sure about is whether I need to do anything where the combi boiler cold water feed and braided filling loop is?

Do you think I’m okay to cap off the cold water pipe before it goes into the loft space and reuse the existing pipe?

Here’s a quick sketch of the cold water system. Obviously, there is hot water, just didn’t need to diagram it 🙂

Attachments

• Bathroom Cold Water System.jpg
    Bathroom Cold Water System.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 13
It appears to be fine in what you propose. In order to comply with water regulations to prevent bacteria growth the capping off should be no more than twice the diameter of the pipe and not form part of a dead leg, like the one you’re proposing to reuse.

My own personal opinion of how I would do it, would be a fresh pipe from where the pipe you want to reuse tees off from for the shower and change the tee at the boiler end for a coupling or two.

Reply to Cap off cold water running to shower via loft space? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock