Discuss how much should I charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredrico84

Hi'

I'm a plumber who always worked for big companies so I'm not good with prcing private jobs. I just got a private job where customer says he has two leaks on two seprate radiotors, he want to fix them and change valve to TRV's. No boiler, F&E tank which takes longer to drain. How much should I charge customer?

Thanks for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decide on an hourly rate and work to that. You know what TRVs cost. Do you not have a pipe freezing machine? Can you not plug F&E?

Decide on an hourly rate and work to that. You know what TRVs cost. Do you not have a pipe freezing machine? Can you not plug F&E?

Customers providing the TRV's. Yes I can plug F&E which I might actually do. I just want a roughly price guide. would £200 be a good price?

Too much I'd say. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours should it? Coupe of valves. £200 is sort of top-end day-rate really. The real experienced in-demand guys who are gas registered are the only ones who might hope for more than that. £100 max I'd say.

yeah I don't think its gonna take more than few hours...but hey no jobs too small ;)...£100? okay, that's cool with me. thanks for your advice peeps.

Charge what you thinks about right , £100 is reasonable up north id charge about £80

ah the north south divide im afraid nowadays is a pure myth cost should be the same all over

is this replacing 2 rads or are the rads ok? 2 trvs and on an vented system ?

150 if replacing the rads like for like. be gone by dinner if they make nice cups of tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much should I charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a...
Replies
Views
In addition to the thread I did a few days ago, I have to call the customer back tomorrow with a price. I'm going to quote to change the pump...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
R
Right first off can I apologise if I make no sense at all, I’m not entirely sure what is what but I’ll try giving you as much of the story as I...
Replies
Views
tommytoker
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock