Search the forum,

Discuss Best type of outdoor tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badbob

I'm going to fit a outdoor tap, I bought the focus DIY one. It looks like when you drill a hole, the hosepipe comes out of the hole then attaches to the tap (and the hosepipe is visible)

I spotted another type, where the hosepipe fits to the back of the pipe bracket, so it's quite a bit neater, as you have no visible hosepipe.

But I'm wondering if there's a leak with the hidden version, it may not be noticed for a while and may damage the brick. And if the visible pipe model does leak no need to remove the tap.

Image.ashx

istockphoto_5850422-frozen-outdoor-tap.jpg

if you go to plumb centre they do a back plate for a hose union tap with a 15mm copper pipe straight out of the back of it, drill a hole through wall push pipe through wall and drill 3 holes to fix to wall. screw your tap into the plate that is on the wall and bobs your uncle

Try this type, you will get it from any good plumbers merchants.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/sfd/i/cat/01/p44301_l.jpg

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best type of outdoor tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Around 4 years ago I installed a Swirl Magellan Bath Shower Mixer Tap onto a bath. This tap looks something similar to the following in terms of...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I'm just a DIY'er popping over from the tiler forum. I've got problem trying to fit a basin mixer monoblock type tap. The tap is connected by...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
W
I noticed the other day a slight leak. Where the washing machine hose connects to the cold water pipe (washing machine valve) there is a gradual...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
M
Hello people, I am 32 years old and I'm looking at changing my job, plumbing interests me. What is the best route into this industry? My...
Replies
Views
Mr Essex
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock