Discuss Leak at washing machine valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

weltonmark

I noticed the other day a slight leak. Where the washing machine hose connects to the cold water pipe (washing machine valve) there is a gradual drip. Could this be that the hose is on too tight or too loose? Will some PTFE tape solve the problem? I'm a novice but would ideally like to fix myself rather than having to call a plumber to fix something if it's easy to DIY. Thanks!

Washing machine washer should fix it! Common problem especially when someone's just moved house.

Turn off the valve first! When replacing hose make it hand-tight, then if it drips a bit still, give it a 1/4 turn with a pair of grips.

Nah ... live dangerously!!!

Correct answer though: you should be okay. If water starts squirting out before you've undone the connection it would be sensible to tighten it up again and turn the stop tap off. Some water is going to come out in any case - around 1-2 teacups worth so you can either mop up after or get a towel (my preferred option).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak at washing machine valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back