Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi sorry for this post which sums up my diy skills. I have an LG washer and on the drain hose it has some kind of no return valve. I want to connect the drain hose to the kitchen sink. Do I just cut the hose to get ridof the valve bit and slide it over the kitchen sink waste pipe secured with...
Replies
Views
I have 3m of ACO drainage in my garden - they drain to the left and I want to change the fall so they drain to the right I do not want to take them out and adjust the fall by re-laying them as it will cause too much disruption. I can access the end though to connect a new outlet. I figure...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me on this one. Our cold water on our kitchen tap has stopped working so we made the decision to change the tap. The only issue we have is our house was an ex showhome and appears to have been plumbed in a rush. I've had a look at loads of tutorials online to try...
Replies
Views
Hello- I’m not sure what sort of cistern we have (photo attached) but the water is constantly running after flushing and it does not seem to fill. Am wondering whether this is a job I can fix myself as we are really trying to keep to social distancing at the moment. Obviously if we need to get a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, really hoping someone can help me as I’m a complete novice. I moved into a house over a year ago. The house has an open fire, and oil heating. however if we have the fire lit or oil heating on it has never heated the water. Every day we would need to switch on the electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Hopefully someone can help. There is a gap from the plastic pipe to the clay pipe as shown on the image. I was not sure how to seal it / what product to use. There isn’t a leak dripping as such but you can see the dirt between the crack and there is a slight smell of drainage. I did...
Replies
Views
We've had a problem now for several weeks which is becoming worse. We would appreciate some advice on the way forward given this difficult time when we are in isolation due to chronic ill health. Several weeks ago, on switching on the kitchen cold tap, we began to get an odd noise that seemed...
Replies
Views
I have 2 outside taps that used to be fine. They are now just a dribble! I had a plumber out yesterday who said we would need increased water pressure and he couldn't fix them. I have checked the pressure and the cold tap in the kitchen fills a 1 litre jug in 7 seconds so United Utilities can't...
Replies
Views
Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice that you are able to give me. I am having an issue with the inlet pipe to my toilet cistern. I have attached a photo of the setup but the water is leaking from the join between the metal nut at the top and the plastic pipe coming from the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody We currently have an issue with our outdoor tap (possible issue with the check valve-not overly urgent and I’m not confident enough to start a repair job myself in the current climate). Due to the dry weather I am keen to keep the garden watered and have managed to get a hold of a...
Replies
Views
Hello! I normally fix things at home and opening a basin trap is a quite easy thing, but I don’t sleep to find the way to open the bottom part of this metal basin trap that has no grip at all. Any clues? It’s a Hudson Reed model: Elizabeth. Thanks on advance! Pd: I already tried some WD40 with...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock