Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in the flat just isolate the kitchen. Is the green switch next to my water meter in this blurry photo a stopcock? It is underwater because there seems...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders opening in my 1930 ex-council house. And surprisingly, did find some pipes inside. Two look like water - those have been cut, and those are like side...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
I'm about to install a new American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. It's upside down about to receive the wax ring and I noticed there's a small crack in the underside of the bowl. It looks like a place where they plug an opening during casting. I've attached a photo. No sign of a crack in the inside...
Replies
Views
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and install an unvented pressurised HW cylinder instead. We have been told that this will not lead to a drop in effective pressure from the shower. Is...
Replies
Views
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in height all interact. I found this very useful online calculator to assist. Do a google for "flow-rate-calculator" at copely dot com. It is a free...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I need to turn on a radiator and want to remove the valve top to put a spanner on it as it as it is stiff, however the screw holding it on looks like a security screw as it has two holes in it. Has anyone seen these before?
Replies
Views
I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas cuts out. It i smore noticeable when I walk past it and stir a slight breeze. I have blown out the pilot light assembly and it worked for an entire day...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the bath panel on my P bath, but it came with the house and I don't know what type it is. It has a fairly small bulge for the shower end of the bath, so a lot of p bath panels wouldn't fit. I've checked the most popular bathroom places with no luck. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
S
Kitchen sink gurgles when washer in basement discharges
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, just recently everytime I run a bath, flush the toilet, turn in the washing machine or use anything water related my kitchen taps starts vibrating badly and water cones out, this lasts for 30 seconds or so each time. Can anyone help please? Many thanks Gary
Replies
Views
A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a replacement screw cure the problem or will I need to get a new seat?
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how to do it. The only thing that seems possibly relevant is that each bearing point has two very small rectangular gaps, one at 8 o clock and one at 4 o...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve noticed my ballcock valve is always running in the loft on the small f and e tank but when heating is on its fine, also no water coming out of the overflow, any ideas.?
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock