Discuss People like this wind me up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...r-wilsons-full-system-build-4.html#post895633

Openly admitting to saving money by doing the design "himself", when what he actually means is getting advice from experts, to be able to treat a qualified guy as basically a semi-skilled labourer.

I have no problem with giving advice, but giving detailed design/engineering/planning information to people like him leads to our profession becoming devalued IMO... I know the information is out there, and anyone can buy textbooks and standards documents and even the CIBSE design guides but they all take effort to understand. Effort that we (and presumably his plumber) have all put in, and people like this expect us to hand it all to him on a plate...

Feeling very bitter and cynical this morning, can you tell?

Funnily I thought the same when his "project" started. I don't mind offering "help" but he's actually wanting a full on step by step design carrying out. I bet he's not spent a penny on design but because he's polite and friendly he's easing his way through the whole project with our guidance.

His recent posts are very presumptuous that we're just going to do the donkey work for him. I was wondering if he was a wind up but I do think he's serious

The world is made up of guys like this. Every time I answer the phone I try to suss out if Im actually going to make any money out of it.
It seems more and more people want it free, or cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to People like this wind me up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
J
Hello. I'm currently halfway, just short of, through a ND for I.T practitioners in Software Development at college, I chose it as I have a passion...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
F
Hello everyone I have recently converted my sisters old open vented semi gravity central heating system to a sealed fully pumped Yplan with...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock