Search the forum,

Discuss Installing dog bath in basement. Waste is 1 metre higher then bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mervyn

Hi.
My daughter is installing a Dog bath in the basement of her new dog grooming shop but the waste pipe is 1 metre higher up then the bath. Is there some kind of pump we could install. We are on a budget so the cheaper the better.
Kind regards
Mervyn

Hiya

Dont install a plumbed in pump such as a 'saniflow' the dogs hairs etc
will just block it up.

I would install a large 2nd hand pressed steel bath - plug all the holes
overflow, waste etc. and then go to machine mart or other and purchase a small portable submersible pump with a lift of 4m or so - pump out to the upstairs drain system and off you go.

centralheatking

I would opt for a whale pump. They are easy to clear and are designed for this purpose. Any submersible pump will be a pure hassle and you will never get the bath empty with it unless you leave a plug in and drop the last of it into a basin.

Whale pump mate way to go.

I'm with oldplumber here. Cheapest option is to borrow some steps OR just hose them down.

Why not design a mouse type wheel. so the dog can pump out the water. It would get punters talking and be a good marketing ploy. TV, Radio and front page of the Sun.

wash the dog freeze the water then take it upstairs ,the water not the dog.but it would be ice not water, also you would have to take the dog upstairs eventually, i tell you what tell her to move to other premises.

Hi On a more serious note. If you decide to pump it ? Dishcharge over a gully rather than into a stack at low level. If the drains block you could end up with a basement full. I would not trust NRV"s with waste being pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing dog bath in basement. Waste is 1 metre higher then bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, -I would really appreciate your advice on whether it would be possible to have a gravity fed toilet, basin and shower installed...
Replies
Views
My sister has recently bought a country cottage which is supplied by mains water pumped uphill from a large break tank to a second storage tank in...
Replies
Views
R
Builders have finished screeding shower floor. In pic 1 the waste to left is for the shower which is connected underground to the waste on the...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
M
Hi. My daughter is installing a Dog bath in the basement of her new dog grooming shop but the waste pipe is 1 metre higher up then the bath. Is...
Replies
Views
Steve001
S
G
I hope someone can shed some light. Boss Lady bought a bath that weighs 27 stones for our loft conversion and I have been lumbered with the job...
Replies
Views
bennygas
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock