Discuss Help needed with strange looking (to me) Bath drain connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failing that look at some small sensor that can be fitted to detect level of water and sound alarm or cut water off

I personally would drill overflow and plead ignorance,women only sulk a while before they find something else to cause problems over

IMHO

Sent from my iffy phone

Good idea about the sensor I will look into that - cheers

Not too sure about "I personally would drill overflow and plead ignorance,women only sulk a while before they find something else to cause problems over"

I often plead ignorance to her but it never works. She is an Interior Designer so spoiling the look of this bath would never be forgiven and I would die as a result (albeit a very slow, quiet and painful death) :coolgleamA:

Sensor and / or floor waste seems to be the only option

Have a look here http://www.ideal-standard.hu/letoltheto_katalogus/first_bath_2008.pdf not sure Ideal sell separate from bath but would meet your needs page 5-6
Many Thanks ecowarm - I cannot get over how many of you are prepared to help.

I had a look and thought how clever but fairly simple. However it relies on having somewhere (a broad rim) to have a control to open & close the waste and guess what ? the monster hasn't !.

Boss lady has googled "what do you do if bath does not have an overflow" the first result is a very interesting wikianswer .

whilst this has been written by an american and he refers to the US rules he basically is saying what I suspected - that an overflow is as much use as a chocolate fireguard if the bath taps are left running full blast.

So back to the waste drain in the floor and a search for a water sensor that will activate some powered valves that I found on t'interweb.

Hope the BCO is in a good mood when he does the final inspection :cool3:

easiest option would probably be leaving the wife !!

i wouldnt trust a bath without an overflow anyway, but then again if its a wet room with a gully on the floor with a run in the floor then it would be hunky dory i'd imagine

easiest option would probably be leaving the wife !!

i wouldnt trust a bath without an overflow anyway, but then again if its a wet room with a gully on the floor with a run in the floor then it would be hunky dory i'd imagine

Leaving the wife would only solve some of the issues :o_O:

having read the wikki answer I am now more comfortable that a gully / floor waste is probably going to be more efficient than an overflow - just hope the BCO will accept it.

that's the thing I was on about ecowarm - nice one for finding it, i had no joy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed with strange looking (to me) Bath drain connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock