Search the forum,

Discuss Installing dog bath in basement. Waste is 1 metre higher then bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mervyn

Hi.
My daughter is installing a Dog bath in the basement of her new dog grooming shop but the waste pipe is 1 metre higher up then the bath. Is there some kind of pump we could install. We are on a budget so the cheaper the better.
Kind regards
Mervyn

you are on a budget? try raising the bath so that it is higher than the waste pipe either that or a macerator which unfortunately would be a nightmare as any hair that went down would stop the motor and it would cost about £500. :)

If you are on a buget, this sounds crazy I know but I had a stream running into a basement that just flooded now and again, what we did was to dig down a hole large enough to hold enough water for a submersible pump to run effectively, now it pumps out once it gets a little full. The pump was a good quality one but you can get them cheaper, use one with a floating switch so no chance of flooding, then you can pump waste any where through 1 and a quarter inch waste

Not sure how much space you have, but if the bath was on a table say with a tank underneath it big enough for a couple of baths, so doggy don't get scared by pump. Its just an idea to think about. it doesn't have to look bodged either, easily tidied up.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing dog bath in basement. Waste is 1 metre higher then bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I own a flat on the third floor of a building. There is an issue with the building water supply due to which there is not enough water pressure and volume reaching our flat. At peak times of the day there is no water coming in the taps. Thames Water will not do anything about it because they...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, -I would really appreciate your advice on whether it would be possible to have a gravity fed toilet, basin and shower installed in a my new layout upstairs? The detail: I currently own a two bed house (is actually a three bed on original plans) and want to covert it back to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I moved into a house where the kitchen was moved from an upper floor to the ground floor, at the back of the house, so there was no existing soil pipe near to the kitchen double sink and dishwasher. In their infinite wisdom, the plumbers who set this up ran a very long length of waste...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi all i have an odd one, i have had one like this before but would like to know the reasoning behind it if there are any explanations. My customer has had a bath installed a year and a half ago but has had no constant hot water through the tap since it came out of the box. She has put up with...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I'm finally getting to do my own bathroom renovation (spend most of my time doing everyone else's). The bathroom is on the ground floor and the hot water cylinder is at the other side of the house on the first floor. The house isn't huge but I'm sick of running the hot tap and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock