Search the forum,

Discuss Best place for a room stat in a two bed flat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjonesguitar

Hi i posted a topic on here before before thanks for answers.

What is the best place for a room stat in a two bed flat? Mine is in the hall, in the coolest area.

I notice it doent switch on and off tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best place for a room stat in a two bed flat? Mine is in the hall, in the coolest area. I notice it doesn't switch on and off tho.
Do you mean that the stat does not control the temperature?
Does the heating turn on when you turn the stat up to max?
Does it then turn off when you turn it down to min?

yes turn it up it comes on turn it down it goes off... i have not noticed the stat getting warm enough to switch off heating tho. i thought maybe it was because its in the cooler spot. it is near the enrtance whitch is the coolest place.

yes turn it up it comes on turn it down it goes off... i have not noticed the stat getting warm enough to switch off heating tho. i thought maybe it was because its in the cooler spot. it is near the enrtance whitch is the coolest place.
You don't want the stat near the front door or it will be in a draught.

Are you saying that the hall never gets warm enough for the stat to turn the boiler off?
Do you have a radiator in the hall?
If yes, does it have a thermostatic valve?
If yes, is the valve set to max?

there is a rad in the hall. no stat valve on it.

it is a first floor flat so you come up the stairs to a second door and the stat is there. this can be a cool spot as the staircase is cold.

its a bit difficut. as obviously if moved closer you dont want it to cut off to early as the flat also has a big lounge.... but then it needs to heat the hall first before it will cut out.

it is a ground floor flat so you come up the stairs to a second door and the stat is there. this can be a cool spot at the stair case is cold.
You've lost me:confused:. You say it is a ground floor flat, then you talk about coming up stairs ....?????

Where do these stairs lead? Are you saying that the stat is at the top of these stairs?

its a bit difficut. as obviously if moved closer you dont want it to cut off too early as the flat also has a big lounge.... but then it needs to heat the hall first before it will cut out.
Does the lounge get warm enough?

sorry that was suppose to say first floor a thought i corrected it. now correct!

i'll start again.

you come in throught front door... up stairs to a second door into flat and the stat is here.
lounge does get warm enough yes.

I'll start again.

you come in through front door... up stairs to a second door into flat and the stat is here.
lounge does get warm enough yes.
That's one confusion sorted out.;)

Is the hall rad turn fully on?

You say in another topic that you have recently had CH installed. Were you referring to this flat or another property? If it's the same property, get the installer back and get him to sort it out.

If it's a completely different property, check, by feel, that the pipes to all rads are equally warm. One pipe to a rad (flow) should be warmer than the other (return). All flows should be the same temperature and all returns the same, but lower than the flow. Feeling the flow and return at the boiler will give you a guide.

same property. he has to come back to service it soon ill ask him then. rad is turned up fully in hall. it was installed 7months ago. all rads also heat up well.

acrturally i noticed today that although the rad in the hall was turned up all the way it needs to be bled. im still not convinced aobut the position of the stat tho!

When is the installer coming to service the boiler? You need to tell him about the problem before he comes, so he prepared. That includes the air in the rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best place for a room stat in a two bed flat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good day all, I would like to get some advise and perhaps the solution to the issues with my UFH system. We did install UFH in an entire house and got rid of all radiators. The system is 14 port manifold (only 12 are in use) feeding 7 zones. Total room area is 97 m2, with the biggest zone...
Replies
Views
I live in a 2 bedroom flat. The kitchen and lounge are one room. I have a combination boiler for water and central heating. There are standard radiators in all rooms that have TRVs except the lounge/kitchen area, this has 2 smaller radiators with no TRV. The thermostat is on the wall in the...
Replies
Views
Hiya I’ve recently moved to a new house which has gas central heating and I’m confused as to how it works! So when I first switched the system on, all the rads, except for one got hot. The main thermostat control is located in our hallway and is set to 21 degrees. However every now and then I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a newbie and need some advice please. My 4 bed house has gas central heating with the Regular boiler (BG 330 set to 18Kw output) located in the garage. The boiler is connected directly to the header tank (vented system) and is also connected via a dedicated system pump to a thermal...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have some mental health issues with anxiety so this might be exaggerating the problem somewhat but please bear with me. My issues start with Plumber A doing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock