Discuss x800 foaming up way too much!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

hi everyone I usually use fx2 for flushing with the neutralising crystals but the plumbers shop near this job only had x800. I remember using x800 a lot when I was an apprentice but don't remember having this problem before. I've scraped out two buckets of foam and I'm only half way through the flush... haven't made a beard yet might make my face itch... anyone know what causes the foaming because I never have this problem with the fx2....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363261622051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363261622051.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 55
Its a dispersant cleaner similar to fairy liquid, great for cleaning dishes, not great for central heating as it means those bubbles are in the pipe making it very difficult to get back out!

Quick look on sentinel website says x800 is 40% edta

Safety of Disodium EDTA | eHow.co.uk

Explains the foaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to x800 foaming up way too much!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Greetings everyone, I live in a small building. My unit has 1 bedroom. The bedroom radiator has been inoperable for over 10 years. The living...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
L
i had a call from a potential customer yesterday. He has a 3500sq ft bungalow with 28 rads in 4 zones. the house is around 18 years old. he has...
Replies
Views
LeakFinder's
L
A
im new to this forum so first off, hi everyone. I am currently half way through my city and guilds level 2 plumbing course having already...
Replies
Views
Centralheatking
C
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock