Search the forum,

Discuss worcester 350 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

350worcester

wonder if anybody has had previous trouble with worcester 350 combi boiler,,i have replaced the spark ignitor and still no luck with the boiler firing up.

hi there,its electronic and the boiler is not igniting even though we have replaced the spark igniter

its electronic and the boiler just wont ignite even we have replaced the spark igniter,cheers

no sparking,there's no life from the igniter even though its brand new??sounds like everything else is working,,theres just no ignition,cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Pump, fan, pressure switch. Are these all operating?

You'll need to give more detail mate, no use saying I've changed one thing and it's still not working. Tell us what is working?

Can't help if u don't tell us

probably repeating myself here,,not sure how these forums work!!!sounds like everything else is ok,,just no ignition even though its a new spark igniter ,,cheers

its electronic and the boiler just wont ignite even we have replaced the spark igniter,cheers

no sparking,there's no life from the igniter even though its brand new??sounds like everything else is working,,theres just no ignition,cheers

Are u getting power to the spark generator?

pump, fan, pressure switch all ok and working,just burner not igniting,,no spark

how do i test this please,cheers

how do i test this,,do i need a multi-meter??

Is the solenoid lifting?
Is power at the spark generator?
have u Checked condition of electrodes and their leads?

If all above is ok, electrodes are ok and spaced apart correctly, there's power at the spark generator then it could be the board not supplying power to the generator.

that boiler has its own ignition board, im suspecting that or air pressure switch

Wat he needs is a gsr eng in, he's clearly clueless about testing boilers. And as such will prob zapp himself trying to fix it.

may i ask if you are Gas safe registered or Diyer?

Wat he needs is a gsr eng in, he's clearly clueless about testing boilers. And as such will prob zapp himself trying to fix it.

lol straight to the point:D

thanks for all that information,,,hubby gonna check all those things in the morning,,hes been 6-2 today and patience is wearing thin,,,we will be back on here tomorrow,,thanks once again

dont worry,,plumber on his way tomorrow also

Hopefully you are getting someone in ,as if gas is coming through to main burner and not igniting and casing off, with your husband’s head in it and the ignition did suddenly work, he could end up in the burns unit at least, with some nasty injuries
Find it hard to believe someone would have a go at this problem without any experience, I would have to be saving quite a lot to risk third degree burns :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 350 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer to discuss options. Ive tried to note as much relevant details below - apologies if its too long or irrelevant. Any help most gratefully received...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our vented hot water system with an unvented hot water system but the heating remains open with a small F&E tank in the loft. Since the works, when the...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock