Discuss How long does it take you to do a bathroom? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought 3 weeks on my own was good, will have to get a young lad in next time,
attachment-1.jpg

I have had 3 apprentices in 8 years, i guess i havent found the right one yet.

All on PAYE

They didnt cut the mustard, i dont know where the passion has gone, seems like young guns just dont want to work.

I am mega fussy with install, how we treat someones house, how we treat the customer. Maybe i expect to much.... but then again people come back to me and say we want Warren, so i guess it answers its self.

I do want to find good people to work with, bathroom fitters and tilers but they have to be S*** hot, but thats another story

See i thought that bathroom looked to American to be a bathroom in Notts....lol

See i thought that bathroom looked to American to be a bathroom in Notts....lol
well spotted, just tried downloading one of my travatine b/rooms but i cant locate the pictures so i stuck this one on. the air con above pic gives it away i recon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know where you are coming from as i am still like that. A bit like if you want something done right do it yourself.
There are some good lads out there but they are thin on the ground. It takes a bit effort to find a good one but they are worth it IF you can find the right one.

Redsaw,

I thought surely no one does a bathroom like that anymore, but i didnt want to insult you. Looks like a american bathroom.

Its true, no one does it like you do, on the other hand

No Man is a island.

I agree with what you said about the suite prices £200 is just nuts and if somone wants you to fit it run a mile.

I think it comes down to who is your target market. I would much rather deal with a client who is talking Aqualisa,crosswater,duravit,matki,kudos. I know that i am dealing with quality products, i use quality materials and i do a quality job.

. I went to a job i done 6 years ago last night, it was bathroom , ensuite and cloakroom. It still looks great not 1 fault has emerged in that time. Although the new home owner wants a wetroom. im going to take pics of the old before i yank it out.

When you take on a £200 suite, its going to be a problem if not at time of install, in the near future is it worth putting you name to it. The client is not going to want you to smash out the soil pipe under the floor in order to get the waste pipe under the floor, thus your new pan is more than likely going to be 6 inches from the wall, it could be boxed or like i have seen on bodge jobs i have be called to look at i could wedge it out with a bit of batten. OMFG

Buy cheap, buy twice...... and that mean materials or labour

Thank you. 12 day job for the bathroom for me and builder (£150 each per day). Remove airing cupboard, repair walls and ceiling, decorate ceiling, door, frame, skirting, install HTR, corner bath, basin, WC, new lights, fan, remove old electrics, repair floor. There's always much more than just replacing a basin, wc and bath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long does it take you to do a bathroom? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I can never have a normal evening, after working at least 10 hours a day for 3 weeks I had a 4pm finish today which I never ever have and just...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I recently had a situation after a plumber came and did a job for me. He connected the water pipes through the toilet,basin and the...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
J
Hey guys! Recently we have had a bunch of ceilings re-plastered in our house by the son of a good friend of my dads, he has worked for his Dad...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I'm wondering if I'm doing my bathrooms too cheap as I was speaking to a mate who is also a plumber and he reckons he charges £2.5k plus for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock