Currently reading:
Bathroom prices

Discuss Bathroom prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Hi I'm wondering if I'm doing my bathrooms too cheap as I was speaking to a mate who is also a plumber and he reckons he charges £2.5k plus for just fitting customer supplied tiles and suite consisting of bath basin and toilet in same place etc. this is also floor to ceiling tiles and floor tiles all ceramic standard size tiles and the walls don't need plastering etc. A basic suite and basic tiling. I was shocked as I charge around the £1.5k mark and usually done in 7 days. That's still over £1100 for just over a weeks work? Obviously if I had to move things around and add power showers, wet rooms etc it would increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
An average bathroom, nothing moved is between 1800 to 2200 and 5 to 6 days.

Nice one Simon, I'm going to increase my prices a bit from here on out.

I dont do many but i always say put 3 grand aside which should cover most things.

They seem happy with that on most occasions.

I would still love to sit on a stool in a corner and see someone do a full proper install done floor to ceiling in just over a week.

Day 1 remove old suite and tiles and sort out pipes and boxings,
Day 2 fit bath and floor ply
Day 3 -6 tile walls and floor
Day 7 grout walls and floor, fit basin, bath panel, silicone sealant and any odd bits and pieces.
It never works out this way usually unless it's never been tiled fully only splash backs etc and vinyl or carpet flooring. Most of the time I re-line the walls or get them plastered. I'm talking in a perfect example basic suite and tiles, no add ons or moving stuff about

Here's one we did, before and after.
Some jobs require a full replaster,as all comes off with old tiles, plus the floor boards can be rotten, so full replaster all square and true and insulation under new floorboards. Just cover your back with the customer as this might be the case on some jobs, and you don't know until you've started and given a quote.
Other, the wall was never square and true in the first place so a replaster just to bring right.

10930122_840001272713697_3921004589172889169_n.jpg

after.jpg

That's a nice bathroom there mate. How long did that take?

On and off, as other jobs to do around 8 days with 2 men working. We do the boxing and walls making ready for tiling.
Plus, we use tilers to do the tiling...own crew.

On a job at the minute 2 mill property £8,000.
I'll post some pictures when finished. It took a day to get the wetroom floor up and cleared, that wasn't taken into account on quote.
Live and learn:-(

Last edited:
Here's another. My nippers going to start taking a camera and stand, for before during and after shots, so customers can have some idea of the mess created before job completion. Doesn't harm your website either.
10351594_769819906398501_5653347636886356061_n.jpg

10421200_769819843065174_2751960880680160593_n.jpg

Last edited:
I never tiled that one btw, I had another job to start. Here's the shower pumpimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock