Search the forum,

Discuss help needed for my dad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyfisherman

hi , can someone help me please , my da has a gas cooker and the tank sits inside a cupboard in the kitchen. he getting the kitchen done up an desided to move the tank outside an i will be building him a storage box to keep it in.. my question is... there will now be 5meters between tank an the cooker , is the standard rubber hose ok for this lenght it will be ran under the floor boards an out threw a drilled hole in the wall into the back of the box .. thanks in advance flyfisherman

I share your passion for fly fishing mate.

I think that you need to get a Gas Safe Registered engineer to advise you with this.

Hi fly fisherman.
please get a gas safe registered engineer to sort this for you. It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen mate.

hi , can someone help me please , my da has a gas cooker and the tank sits inside a cupboard in the kitchen. he getting the kitchen done up an desided to move the tank outside an i will be building him a storage box to keep it in.. my question is... there will now be 5meters between tank an the cooker , is the standard rubber hose ok for this lenght it will be ran under the floor boards an out threw a drilled hole in the wall into the back of the box .. thanks in advance flyfisherman

Not sure what you want , but it's a BIG no from me , what 5m hose

Think he's got a LPG cylinder in kitchen cupboard , (BOOM) and he want's to put it outside and run it in with rubber hose ! must be after dads life insurance.

Good, and check your engineer has his LPG qualification. Ask to see his card, and check the qualifications, and dates on the back. He'll be suprised you asked for it (as no one does!) but a qualified gas engineer will be only too happy to let you see it...and will definelty have it in his wallet.

Good, and check your engineer has his LPG qualification. Ask to see his card, and check the qualifications, and dates on the back. He'll be suprised you asked for it (as no one does!) but a qualified gas engineer will be only too happy to let you see it...and will definelty have it in his wallet.

In 2 and a half years on the oil I've been asked once to show my card :)

I'll be getting my own greasy oil card next month, so I can keep that in my wallet too!

nothin against the op

but this is a scary thread. it wouldnt suprise me if the tank was a gas meter lol

nothin against the op

but this is a scary thread. it wouldnt suprise me if the tank was a gas meter lol

Agree, it's a bit scary. But OP is going to get someone in, so alls good.

I like the:

"Think he's got a LPG cylinder in kitchen cupboard , (BOOM) and he want's to put it outside and run it in with rubber hose ! must be after dads life insurance."

Comment. Funny. (BOOM). Gets the point across.

i will ask to see it cheers . thanks once again for saving my life lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help needed for my dad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very tiresome. I live in a 60's flat (3 flats per side of the block so 6 flats in all) with two overhead water tanks in a tankhouse on the flat roof for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Before I succumb to this problem I’m reaching out for some help. There’s very little info on the web and I can’t get hold of a manual. The system is ancient but we’re not ready to renovate to a greener option for another 12 months so hoping to keep it going. Moved in with the...
Replies
Views
I need some advice… Our gas meter is currently in the garage conversion and runs under the stairs into the kitchen where we have the boiler. We want to do the following things: 1. Replace with a combi boiler and move to the loft. We are a semi detached house so need to the pipes run up from the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, First a quick bit of background : I'm English, living in France, and renovating a 1960s house, which has pretty much needed to be stripped back to the studs, and started again. Full new electrical refit, plumbing refit, walls, ceilings &etc. It took about a year-and-a-half (as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock