Search the forum,

Discuss How do we manage a new combi boiler moving in to the loft and relocating the kitchen so the cooker is the other side of the house? Help needed please? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I need some advice…

Our gas meter is currently in the garage conversion and runs under the stairs into the kitchen where we have the boiler. We want to do the following things:
1. Replace with a combi boiler and move to the loft. We are a semi detached house so need to the pipes run up from the garage conversion through the current airing cupboard and in to the loft and out the external wall. Is this possible?
2. We are in the process of drawing up plans for an extension which will involve the kitchen flipping sides- how would the gas run to the new location when it’s a concrete floor and involves crossing doorways - can this be done or do pipes need to run outside and around the property?

Any guidance at this stage would be amazing- even knowing where to go to would help as no clear advise between the role of the gas supplier (Cadent?) and Ovo?

Thanks so much in advance!
Liz, Milton Keynes

Simple solution.
Get the Architect to do the drawings and get a Plumber to price the job.
The Plumber will let you know whats is required for the works.
Even if it goes against the Architectural Drawings.

The Gas Supplier won't give you any advice on works internal of the property.

Find a few trusted local installer and ask for a quote.
What you want sound like it won’t be too much hassle for most but might be quite messy taking up floorboards etc.

Reply to How do we manage a new combi boiler moving in to the loft and relocating the kitchen so the cooker is the other side of the house? Help needed please? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I have a domestic gas meter located at one side of my building and my boiler/cooker (only 2 gas devices) on the other side of the building. There is currently a 28mm gas pipe from meter to the boiler which is approx 25m and a further 5m to the gas cooker. My gas engineer is saying that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I really hope someone can help me because it is causing so much worry! I bought my house 3 years ago and didn’t know at the time that the boiler was venting out against regs into our neighbours driveway. Our house has a garage conversion so is right up to the boundary line, and the...
Replies
Views
Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. We're in the process of buying a property which is a bit of a doer upper. One room houses the gas meter and boiler and we are keen on moving both of these to turn...
Replies
Views
P
I currently live in a 4 bed end of terrace victorian house, with 11 radiators and two towel rails. Currently have installed a 6kw potterton gold electric boiler, which heats a hot water cylinder and provides heating to the radiators. My electricity usage is extremely high and killing me...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock