Search the forum,

Discuss Flushing Toilet with Basin Waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon Gentlemen

I have been asked for my opinion on this matter which I will share with you all but I am interested in your opinions too

Basically looking at filling the toilet cistern the the waste water from the basin.

I advise that I dont not know if any of the components in the cistern are susceptible to damage due to this as there will be toothpaste going down, shaving foam etc etc. But i would expect it to damage it but I could make any guarantees

In short its a good water saving idea but the workings of it would have to have a back up from the mains in the event the basin wasn't used before flushing the toilet

Also you would need a high basin than cistern

I also had a thought about last year when I had surgery on my nose and suffered severe nose bleeds for weeks. I would run to the basin and wash it down. Imagine the missus flushing the toilet to see blood running down the pan its like something of a horror move

I will be checking regs and BS standards to see if its legal but personally I wouldn't have it my own home

it is a possibility, we have built an eco house at our college, and it uses a rain water harvesting system which has an underground tank filters and pumping system, it also has a flow switch to moniter when the tank is empty and changes onto mains (although i dont know why they think we will run out of rain water up here), i havent been too involved yet so i have no idea of the cost, to connect a whb waste straight to the wc cistern probably wouldnt be too successful as the water needs to be filtered, havent thought too much about it but the whb waste would need to be linked to the cistern in such a way that when the cistern was full the rest of the water ran to the drain, (why we have the holding tank under ground) seems an awful lot of work to save some water, might need to look at going the whole hog and collecting all the grey water or not bothering

yes i have seen the grey water harvesting it it does open up your eyes

I think the world is begining to think why do we wash our s**t away with drinking water?

just looked at the profile 5 cistern with integrated hand basin altoe i like the idear where yo spose to stand whan you wash your hands

i think the tap looks like it can move! - since reading this, i thank pipe puller for his innovation in delivering the atachment - its opened my eyes a bit to the e c o stuff ! well done mate, and cheers - m o o r e

its meant more for space saving, if youve only got a small space for a cloakroom or customer toilet or the like. i agree it could be a bit cramped, but it serves a purpose.
you could quite easily pump basin water into your cistern using a sanivite or similar as long as you use a modern flush valve with internal overflow or a breaktank of some discription.

i was after one back last august but cant find seller anywhere and australia is a bit too far to go.
apparently ********* has a contact who supplies them i think,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flushing Toilet with Basin Waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock