Discuss Flue analyser - Which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello chaps.

Not the most interesting question, but I have to buy an analyser in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone able to reccomend one, and give a reason why?

Thanks.

Comes up quite often this question. If you search the forums there are several threads on this subject. But I'll go first and suggest an Anton Sprint V2 because ive got one and it works.

don't touch testo. Bag of poo. Using a 327 atm till my kane 455 comes back. Heard a few good reports about the anton. But i like my kane!

I've a Testo and had no problems ... yet ... mind you, it's not used that much.

Right, as the jury is out, I'll look up the price for the Kane, and the Anton and buy the cheapest of the two.

It's gonna hurt. If anyone has bought cheap, possibly online. Let me know please.

Cheers again guys.

Look at eBay and Amazon for 2nd hand models? I was advised to look at calibration costs before I bought - then forgot when I bought my Testo which, I think, is about the most expensive to calibrate (but one of the cheaper ones to buy).

That's true. Calibration costs are an issue. Not a deal breaker though! Seems like a waste of time and money to me, but who am I to argue?

Thanks for the advice.

yayyyyyyyyyy!

Just got my Kane 455 back from being recalibrated! only away for a week!

now I can kick this bleeding Testo into touch!

Danny, the only downside with the Kane, IMHO, is that when it decides it needs recalibrating after a year, it will stop working.

Still loads better than a testo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Calibration costs are a waste of time and money .... until you realise that to stay qualified you have to have your machine calibrated!!

I agree, my point with my Kane was that, although it gives a count down to next calibration, it actually decided it needed calibrating at 4o/c on a wednesday afternoon just as I was about to check 3 large boilers I'd serviced!

Luckily I was able to go and buy (on the company account!) a new analyser for our new guy starting soon and be back on site for about half five. (boilers checked, paperwork written up, tools away and in the van for 7o/c!)

Unluckily the boss said I had to get a Testo because someone told him they were the best!

Kane 455 for me, I liked the fixed cost of calibration for five years, only use it for oil, bought it straight from one of their own reps, cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Took some battering to get the price down though.

Once again, thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

I'm back at The Plumbing Academy next week. I'll buy myself a Kane 455 in the mean time so they can show me how to use it!!!!!

Happy days.

I'll report back incase any one is interested!!

What is so bad about them? heard plenty to the contrary.

I just don't like them, happened to ask in a gas merchants t'other day and was told Anto, Kane and then testo in that order.

not so many features as a kane, unable to store results, short lead as standard, over complicated and so on.

having said that i did like the speed with which it fired up and shut down!

In all honesty it was a slightly hasty purchase last wednesday. I really wanted the anton sprint v2 but the benefits of being able to get it on account at parts forced my hand. Still hadn't received my new credit card (came fri morn). I would take it back but i would assume it would fall under the restock charge? still hasn't been used or charged yet.

They prob don't want to see it again! Depends how pally you are with your suppliers.

I've just moved my accounts as I was sick of the last lot. I fitted an electric shower last thing on Friday. Tested it, and it was faulty. Phoned them, they said sorry can't replace it. Call Aqualisa. So that's my business walking.

On the subject of this thread!! I'm buying a Kane 455...hope it's the right decision. It's ordered now so a bit late if not!

I will report back when I've tried it.

I have a testo 327-1 and went for it as I thought it seemed the best quality and you get the 5 year calibration and warranty for £100 a year. Great price from plumb center too, i payed about 540+ vat for the advanced kit.

I have a testo 327-1 and went for it as I thought it seemed the best quality and you get the 5 year calibration and warranty for £100 a year. Great price from plumb center too, i payed about 540+ vat for the advanced kit.

Did you have to pay for that warranty upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue analyser - Which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi all, I could do with a little advise if that's ok. I am Am an ex- BG engineer who has been out of the game for a spell. I'm now returning...
Replies
Views
G
S
can anyone tell me why the hell im not getting any response when applying for jobs with this C.V.: Tom Schofield 4 Queens drive, Glossop'...
Replies
Views
Puddle
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock