Discuss End of my tether! I need help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

Scenario customer calls I have a blocked toilet. I get there and they inform me that they have a kid with a learning disability, who thought it would be a plan to put 4 whole toilet rolls down the toilet.

Now please bare with me the customer then informed me it was ok for a day or two :eek:.

So I get there no rodding access, manholes nothing :eek: so I try with my drain wire to no avail. Then I try a chemical attack :eek: the pan heats up and factures.

I inform the customer and say I will get you a new toilet FOC, the customer rings me and says the blockage has cleared :D Yeeha.

Get there this week and check by flushing the old toilet its not clear :mad:

So back to chemical attack, then 15mm speedfit pipe down the soil pipe no blockage. Yes I would use rods but canott get them round the bend.

My worry is the customer has been away on holiday and is going to return expecting his new toilet and it isnt there.

I see know good reason to install it knowing its still blocked. This is the first blockage ever to have got the better of me and I feel like crying.

Any ideas please?

dunno if it will help - but 30 years a ago i used to throw stuff down the toilet, my t shirts, my eagle eyed action men, my books - you get the drift, i did it just to watch my younger sister get a slap with fish slice. worth it all, i mean why would i put my own stuff down the loo. it got to the stage where my sister would just admit it and take the fish slice "cos your brother aint gonna flush his own stuff down the loo and mix it with your fecal matter is he! pants down lady" dont think i regret it to this day

soz, back to point. dont install new toilet. find and fix blockage first, test other drains, find blocked one, drill a 42mm hole in pipe push something down it. cover hole with a strap boss.
tip - tap plastic drain pipes with fist. distinct difference between a pipe full of water and an empty one

Its cast iron mate :confused: Thought of rooding from the vent pipe but cant get my ladder secure and safe enough as some great big plant growing up against the soil pipe. Wondering if the toilet roll that has gone down has started to catch itself on roots.

So upset this is the first job I cant seem to complete. I cant use my jetting machine as the only access is via the wc connection and I dont want it all coming back up into the house :(

like mig says, drill hole at 't' branch. rod both ways than cap of with strapon/.

Well firstly the problem is now the customer thinks it is all clear,so if you do to much when he returns he may think you have added unneeded works to cover pan replacement,on jobs like this I find it best to sort works out and possible prices with customer first otherwise you may find yourself out of pocket because of other peoples short cuts,ie covering man holes with patios ect

Job wise I would think blockage in branch or more likely if customer thought clear ,at bottom bend in ground,this would allow a few flush's before pan back filling,therefore I would make hole in cast about a 1ft from the ground,this will allow jetting as water will be able to flow back through hole if required,or then remove pan and jet downwards and if blockage is a few toilet rolls ,it will need jetting to break up,then you can suggest a inspection eye fitted in hole made in cast

Thanks puddle I havent jetted as my concern was that it would back into the premises, but will wait till he is back to explain the problem.

Definetly wait, otherwise you'll be out of pocket on this one. People are tÂŁÂŁts and they won't believe that you've done all this work.

On a lighter note, if your short of a strap on let me know, I have a friend.........

Migo,

Why a fish slice....... most people would have used a slipper, cane or belt.....:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
me mum was just full of hatred - dad had just left, and she found comfort in fish slice, still remember perfect fish slice implants on me sisters bum. could of been worse - could of been mine!

Yippee I cleared it has taken me all day had to cut the ci stack and then rod again, what a nightmare :( Now go back to fit the wc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to End of my tether! I need help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock