Search the forum,

Discuss aqualisa thermostatic cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gates1979

My aqualisa shower started to drip so i replaced the cartridge and o ring and the drip has stopped now but the cold water flow is very poor. The shower is tank fed and there is no blockage in the tank is it possible there is an air lock in the pipework and if so whats the best way of removing it

well if you can back fill the pipes through the shower hose ,shower on set to cold & back fill with water from mains . of course you have to rig up another supply some how .

is it a mixer,thermostatic or built in pump power shower? if its the first 2 crack the incoming nuts,leave it run and re try,failing that connect the cold main (via a rigged up connection)to the outlet and back blast the pipework

Re: shower airlock

remove shower head and let run through shower hose only for a while

it is a fixed shower head will that still work puddle

its a thermostatic built in with a fixed shower head. could i connect a hose to the mains and push it down the outlet that feeds the shower in the tank in the loft

hi, sometimes I am able to clear airlocks by opening lowest tap first ie bath, then basin, then shower. That is if they all share the same pipe work of course.

What I would do is identify the cause of the air lock, in the loft a horizontal run of pipework, or maybe an obvious high spot in the pipe and fit an air vent .

Its got its own feed from the cold water storage tank

You got two threads going on the same shower but different information. Locate the source of the air lock, maybe a horizontal run with a high spot and fit a manual air cap vent. Maybe the isolating gate valve off the cistern has not opened fully. Also I shall assume the cartridge is the right one, there are different types of cartridge( go by the colour) dependant on the system type.

The cartridge is the same as i took out (grey ring) also there is no gate valve on the pipework to the shower i will check for high spots in the pipework

Got it sorted now i turned the shower on with the temp fully on cold then put my wet/dry vac on it and it pulled the water through and now its better than ever thanks for your help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to aqualisa thermostatic cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock