Discuss Another shocker!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey Everyone, thought id share my latest shocking discovery. i was replacing the combi boiler anyway as it hadnt been working for over a year (big ole pile). when i went up into the loft to remove the flue this is what i found. the flue had been sellotaped at each joint and when i removed the tape i found a gap so big i could fit my finger in there, also the inner flue had the same gap at 2 of the joints. apparently the guy who fitted this boiler was registered and retired a few years ago. yet no paperwork trail not even the benchmark. might post these into the gas safe magazine.

2011-11-28 13.14.30.jpg2011-11-28 13.14.57 (1).jpg

Looked quite solid til you went taking it apart. Lol ;-)

disgusting is the only word i can find absolutely............ makes me go nuts, that you could just leave sumones property with money!! but inside know you've just done something that could potentially kill sumone.....im lost for words seriousely-cant finish this......

I hope you pointed out, just how dangerous this was to the customer and how the other "plumber" on the horse could of been facing man slaughter charges... Disgrace!!

I hope you pointed out, just how dangerous this was to the customer and how the other "plumber" on the horse could of been facing man slaughter charges... Disgrace!!

The customer was as shocked and angry as me. some peoples morals and conscience are just messed up beyond belief. the installer had made no effort to put the flue together properly.

I don't understand why he never put the flue together properly. Would it not have taken as much time messing around with taping joints? crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt very much if it was left like that when fitted.
More likely someone has been up in the loft and fallen against it knocking it down and taped it back together.

I suppose this is the reason why we now have to inspect every last inch of flue.

For the best I think

More likely someone has been up in the loft and fallen against it knocking it down and taped it back together.

My first thoughts

I am with Tom here, hubys job this is ! suspecting he fitted it and the boiler ....who knows !

Rule number 1

Never believe anything a customer says:wink:

and rules number 2 though to 5 is........

''Never believe anything a customer says''

A top golden rule...

Do so at your own peril !! :rifle:

Local earth tremors , are likely to sort out this type of install . ( More consequences for Fracking oil / gas ! )

Last edited:
this reminds me i need to go and buy some celotape to rap up the christmas prezzies. :)

can i copy pictures so i can put on my company facebook page ? cheers obseen

totally agree tamz,everyones jumps to conclusions, not thinking of the bigger picture,come on people common sense.

looking at the pictures again i think you're right about someone stumbling against the flue and then repairing it. my first comment stands though, it's criminally bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another shocker!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
S
I've had a very stressful and upsetting experience with a plumber that I employed after seeing good reviews for him on a trade website. I...
Replies
Views
T
R
went to a job yesterday, i had to postpone a gas fire and flue job because of the distress of the female customer, was in her 60's and crying due...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock