Discuss where do they come from?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

went to a job yesterday, i had to postpone a gas fire and flue job because of the distress of the female customer, was in her 60's and crying due to a leaking kitchen and downstairs w.c ceiling.

story was, she had taken redundancy and at her age doubtfull to get another job, so spent money on her home for retirement comfort. she decided to have a new bathroom and ordered a cocoon shower cabin with multijet, a vanity basin and new loo with porcalin tiles to floor and walls with towel rad.
she ordered the stuff from a well known local supplier who offered the services of one of their prefered ahem!, plumbers!!!!!.

the so called plumber took £40 per day from her for 2 weeks for extras and finally charged £1,600ish on top for the job (thats £2k labour less £80 parts). for a 7x6 room/.
after calling him back 5 times for various leaks, she could no longer find him, as he had dissapeared, so she called me for the leak.

this is what i found,
tiled floor so access was from beneath w.c to cut out cieling. found speed-fit with '5' comp 't' joints, all weaping. but did not fix major leak.
towel rad with trv fouling bathroom door that had knocked the union loose and iso that was half tiled in, tightened them up but this was not the major leak either.
bathroom toilet, well, waste pipe coupler was leaking as well as fill valve iso half tiled in, nope still a major leak.
shower?. well the bottom skirt was fitted 1=1/2'' of the floor so could see underneath anyway, nope not there either so.....
that only leaves the basin then...
this was the last thing i wated to take out as it was all fitted vanity type. well it wasnt?.
the only thing that heald the great 550mm semi-inset sink to the wall was the waste pipe and tile adhesive to the floor:eek:.
after removing this is what i found.
2 speedfit pipes laying flat under the unit with iso valves on, connected to a 1' piece of speedfit connected to another iso then flexi pipe to taps.
you guessed it, both iso's were leaking under unit because they didnt have an insert in them.

where the hell do these people come from?. not a fast-tracker either, the bloke was in his 60's:eek::eek:.
made my day though, invoiced her and gave me a £40 tip. luverly jublee.:D

Could still have been a fast tracker but more likely someone who cant sleep at night or they shouldnt anyway.

£40 tip,she must of known it was world plumbing day :)

I would get upset if I got a £40.00 tip as it wold mean I have under charged :p

Sounds as though she could have had a multi jet shower buy just standing under ceiling below :(

If plumber advised by big Diy store ,she should get down there and really play up,should be some come back on them

If all speed fit under floor ,would not think the person involved was a plumber,this is diy stuff,

Last edited by a moderator:
think i forgot to mention, it was installed back in august. acording to her surgeon, this is what bought on her heart-attack!.

think i forgot to mention, it was installed back in august. acording to her surgeon, this is what bought on her heart-attack!.

Only time I give my customers a heart-attack is when I hand them my bill :p

£40 tip,she must of known it was world plumbing day :)

I would get upset if I got a £40.00 tip as it wold mean I have under charged :p

Sounds as though she could have had a multi jet shower buy just standing under ceiling below :(

If plumber advised by big Diy store ,she should get down there and really play up,should be some come back on them

If all speed fit under floor ,would not think the person involved was a plumber,this is diy stuff,

I use alot of speed fit, this want me though!.

Sickening, what an idiot!!!!!:mad:

He must have been some kind of mental headcase to leave it in that state.

I may have read it wrong but did I read there were iso valves coming up through floor and then screwdriver slot half tiled over?

Surely not? :eek:

Found a drain cock in the kitchen below a radiator which someone had carefully tiled round and grouted in!

Sickening, what an idiot!!!!!:mad:

He must have been some kind of mental headcase to leave it in that state.

I may have read it wrong but did I read there were iso valves coming up through floor and then screwdriver slot half tiled over?

Surely not? :eek:
correct, both rad tails and toilet on iso tiled in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where do they come from?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock