Discuss AIRFEL Single and Double Panel Radiators 12 years warranty ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberland

can someone please tell me why airfel panel radiators have 12 years warranty? I am about to buy a few Airfel panel radiators but i need some advise first. Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
coz thats what they think theyll last before having any problems:rolleyes:

Don't know. Some marketing idea probably. Any radiator will last 12 years with no problem. Even if it did pinhole, how many people would actually bother to claim it on a guarantee?

i now know !! Airfel panel radiators have zinc phosphate corrosion protection whereas others only have iron phosphate corrosion protection. I ordered a few Airfel Panel radiators and a plinth heater and will write more about them once i have received them.

The outputs they quote (see [DLMURL="http://www.akfel.com/upload/dosyalar/radyator_12_07_2006_eng_con.pdf"]Brochure[/DLMURL]) are based on a flow temp of 90C and return of 70C, which is not complying with BS EN442 (75C/65C) so the outputs will appear to be nearly 25% more than equivalent UK rads.

you are looking at the old brochure, I just checked the BTU values and they are DT50 ( 75C - 65C ) values according to BS EN442 (75C/65C) ( see new Airfel Panel Radiator [DLMURL="http://www.airfel.com.tr/images/kullanim_kilavuzu/PANEL%20RADIATORS.pdf"]brochure[/DLMURL] )

You could get the best of both worlds with Kudox radiators, 12 year warranty and higher outputs than Airfel.

I know kudox radiators, very cheap looking compact radiators and they are rattling. I have done the heat output comparison between kudox and Airfel, Airfel has higher heatoutput and much cheaper than kudox radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AIRFEL Single and Double Panel Radiators 12 years warranty ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
M
My central heating system is well over 20 years old, but it's been working reasonably well until recently. Firstly it seemed the 3 way value...
Replies
Views
MartinT
M
S
Hi all , firstly, what a great site , and the info i have learnt has already led me to tackle 2 problems succesfully , and although it took some...
Replies
Views
sophiesdad
S
T
I need a bit of advice before I make some alterations to my central heating pipework. The current arrangement is a closed system on a combi...
Replies
Views
tucker
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock